Monday, 17 January 2011

Wild Orchid Craft Challenge and another Sneak Peek

woc2

It’s Wild Orchid Challenge day today and this week we have two fab prizes up for grabs.  The prize from Wild Orchid Crafts is 27 x 5 metre bundles of Seam Binding (one in each colour) plus some scrummy blooms, and Lili of the Valley are also sponsoring this week with a £10 voucher.  The challenge is “Let’s get Sentimental” so all you need to do to enter is have a sentiment on your card.  Easy hey!

woc1

Hope you don’t mind I have another of the fabulous Sugar Nellies- Funky Kits  Simply Adorables  downloads today, I have decided to use Grace Standing, I printed her at .40% size I tried a couple of sizes but I think this is perfect.  Again Copics have been used to colour her, I have been asked how I get the Water colour look to these images, I will try to do a short tutorial in the week, the secret I think is to apply your darker copics very lightly in just a narrow band of colour.  I always work from dark to light, as I say I will try to get a tutorial done later if you would like. 

I have used the new Trellis Rose and Vintage Poppies from Wild Orchid Crafts, the rose was originally white but has been sprayed with Cherry Blossom Glimmer Mist, I also gave a quick spray to the pink vintage poppies.  The Seam Binding which has also been distressed following Bevs tutorial is also from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The Sentiment is from Stempleglede.  Papers are K&Co.

woc6The Copics used:
Flesh: E21. E00, E0000, Dress R81, RV000, RV0000, Coat YG93, YG91, E40, Hair E53, E51

 The above  card will soon be available on my e-bay site

BHM5 
Now for Part 2 of my Crafters Companion Appley Dapply Sneak Peeks , isn’t she sweet, I have used papers from the accompanying CD for the background, the flowers are also punched from the paper which has been distressed at the edges.  The tag is a Doo Hickeys Die cut and sentient is also from teh Appley Dapply Stamp Plate.  The Distressed Seam Binding is from Wild Orchid Crafts.

BHM4I cannot remember what copics I used as I coloured her a little while ago, I can remember the numers for the fur though they are E53 and E71.
Don’t forget all my fellow Crafters Companion Design Teamies are showing Sneak Peeks this week until the launch of the new Beatrix Potter Range on Friday. 

PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO JOIN  IN THE APPLEY DAPPLY BLOG HOP AND BE IN FOR A CHANCE OF THE FANTASTIC GENEROUS PRIZE.

27 comments:

Kreativmonster said...

wonderful cards! Your colouring is really outstanding!

Kristel said...

A really gorgeous card Jacqui! Love the colours in it!
Hugs Kristel

Lia said...

wonderful card Jaqcui I love the new digi from funky kits.I have also made a card with one of those cuties and I want to share it tomorrow
hugs Lia

Elly said...

Wow, such beautiful cards, and the colouring is realy magnificent!!!!

hugs, Elly

Anne said...

Both gorgeous cards Jacquiloving the colours snap posted card with Grace last night
Anne xx

Lisa said...

Beautiful cards Jac! I have just popped over to WOC and had a little spend :-)

Lisa x

Riet said...

What a wonderful cards Jacqui,I love the stamps and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

ogilvie said...

Jacqui, I love your cards and 'YES' I would very much appreciate a tutorial. Ogilvie

anita01 said...

Wauw, hoe mooi is dit, schitterend.....

Warme groetjes,
Anita.

Victoria said...

lovely work hun x

Debbie said...

I am loving these soft pinks that you are using lately..absolutely stunning...

Anxiously awaiting my package of WOC stuff to arrive so I can enter into a challenge or two especially just a sentment... Hopefully tomorrow...

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Wow, such beautiful cards, and the colouring is realy fantastic.........

Hugs
Judith

Nannieflash said...

Stunning cards Jacqui, I think they are both gorgeous. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Maria Therese said...

Stunning cards sweetie! I especially love the Sugar Nellie card!

Michele Spera said...

Both cards are beautifully done! love the colors you have used and the coloring is always a favorite of mine:-)
XMicheleX

Trudy said...

This is a beautiful cards Jacqui! Gorgeous colours and details and the image is super cute.
Hugs Trudy

~ Ali ~ said...

Oh simply adorble Jacqui loving the flowers on this one lush. thank you for another sneak peak so cute. thank you for sahring.

Enjoy the rest of the day

Ali x

Becky Dunham said...

These cards are soooo adorable! You are quite an artist with those Copics! Beautiful coloring!

Jo said...

Both you cards are really lovely. Jo x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

2 cute cards. Love the way the tail pops out of the die cut. Marianne x

Kim said...

Jacqui these are stunning! I have done the blog hop and can't wait for this CD but also bought the gorgeous girl images, they are like porcelain dolls which I used to collect - love them and love what you have done. Kim x

Sol said...

This Simply Adorable Card is Just STUNNING!!!! Absolutely Gorgeous!!!

Your Colouring is Amazing!!!! I love it!!
The Card is Fabulous!!!

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
wow hun two fabulous cards, awesome colouring as always,beautiful papers & embelies, sue,x

Mina said...

wow wow wow stunning Jacqui, beautifully coloured and perfect colours and papers...I have just finished mine for today and printed out the rest but I used Joy first...love the new SN's
Mina xxx

Sian said...

Adorable cards Jacqui, both are beautiful and the colouring is wonderful as always.
hugs

Janie Printz said...

Jacqui, this is some of the most amazing coloring I've seen & your tutorial is wonderful. Thanks for sharing that ... These little girls look so lifelike you can almost feel them breathe ... Love your soft colors & oh so gorgeous work.
Hugs, Janie

Crafteezee said...

Stunning Jacqui again. Can you forward the link for the fancy corners you used on the sugar nellie, I can't find them on pandura. Thanks hun. Hugs Tracy x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...