Wednesday 29 October 2008

2 Christmas Cards for 2 Challenges


WHIFF OF JOY CHALLENGE - RED AND GREEN

Our Challenge for you on Whiff of Joy Challenge this week is a colour challenge:

RED AND GREEN
We are not restricting you to just these two colours on your creation but would like them to be the dominate colours. Looking forward to seeing your great creations.


Charlotte and Babycham are going for a night flight to view the lovely wintery scenes below, they are of course a Whiff of Joy stamp available on the WOJ website, they have been coloured with Promarkers with stickles added to the sleigh and harness, then cut out and 3d on to the background. The Background is taken from Artylicious Seasons Greetings CD available from Graphicus, I have addd Glamour Dust to the trees and snow in the sky. The papers are by BG. The snowlakes (Which I am really pleased with) have been punched with Fiskars Snowflake punch fron Red and Green BG paper then covered with Glamour Dust and layered, I have added a bead cap and stickles to the centre of each snowflake.
I had a fabulous day yesterday with Owen and Charlie and should have a couple of update pictures to add to the blog soon. I am afraid I didn't do any blog hopping at all yesterday but I am sure you will understand, and I will try to get round to visiting you all at some stage today.



STAMPING WITH STAMPAVIE



We have a great sketch for you this week on Stamping with Stampavie. Please come and join us, there are some great DT cards to give you a start.
I was very disappointed when I first tried to stamp up this image, I just couldn't get a good clear and complete impression, after asking advice from fellow bloggers, I did manage to get this image, Annie from InknRubba suggested using Chalk Inks to stamp up, and Rach's advice was to go over the stamp with an eraser to take off any residue left from the manufacture of the stamps. Both do work!!! I stamped this one with chalk ink but was a bit worried about using Distress Inks on it so I just gave it a quick swipe with a DAMP waterbrush to bring in a little of the ink. The brown and Beige papers are from BG and the Flourish paper is from another Artylicious CD - Damask Delights - The Flower is from Prima, I stamped and coloured 2 Forever Friends Parcel Stamps just adding a little Aqua to the bows to tie in with the Flower. Rest from stash. Very Plain but hope you like.
OMG if you are still awake after all this thanks for staying with it.



41 comments:

Roz said...

Stunning cards! I absolutely ADORE the green and red one for the WOJ challenge. It's beautiful. I want it, lol.

Love Roz x

Victoria said...

Hi both cards are wonderful. I had to return my first set of sarah kay xmas stamps as they just stamped massive black splodges. I don't think the run on them are as good as the previous stamps.
Love the idea of just leaving as silloutte will try that if you don't mind x

Poppy said...

I love this card its so simple but so beautiful.
poppy.
x

Sandra said...

Morning Jacqui,fantastic cards,love them both...the WOJ one is outstanding and as always the colouring perfect....i've had a few problems with my Christmas SK stamps,well the two that i have used,i haven't tried the other two yet,must get them inked up.
Great choice of papers,must get my Artilyious CD's out,you know how it is too much of everything and we forget what we've got...lol,
Take care,have a lovely day,look forward to seeing your new photo's,
Sandra x

Kim said...

Ooh Jaqui I just love the top one, well all of them but that one is completely fabulous! Thanks for your congratulations, tell Hazel for me would you? Thanks. Hope you and your Mum are well. Kim xx

Debbie said...

Fantastic cards Jacqui, I love the WOJ card and how the sleigh looks like its flying through the air...brilliant. Debbie x

Mephisto said...

Thats a great Idea to let the Girl Fly *g*

Both Card are stunning Works!

Domi

Bastelzauberin said...

Fantastic cards,love them both.

Lg
Silke

NGCARDS said...

These 2 cards are gorgeous, you should be pleased with them snowflakes they look awesome! lol love the sarah kay image too its a really vintage look xxx

Bubbles said...

Both beautiful cards Jacqui, but I just adore the WOJ one, the stamp is absolutely gorgeous and how you have them flying over the trees is fab. Loving the snowflakes to!
Look forward to seeing the updated pictures of your lovely boys.
Joanne x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous cards Jacqui, i especially love the little scene you have created with the woj stamp. Hugs Nikki x

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous Jackie, the top one is brilliant!!
Clairexx

Dawny P said...

I love both of these Jacqui, especially the snowflakes. They are so gorgeous - I might have to nick your idea there lol xxx Love the oldie worldie quality of the second one very VERY much. I always think there is something very honest about sepia tones and I love them. Great work as always - you are just so talented xxxxxx

Sharon said...

Two gorgeous cards Jacqui!! Love them both but particularly the WOJ one , beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cards Jacqui...my favourite is Charlotte and her reindeer...what a lovely Christmas scene. Hope you enjoyed your day with Charlie :-)
Hugs
Carole x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cards Jacqui...my favourite is Charlotte and her reindeer...what a lovely Christmas scene. Hope you enjoyed your day with Charlie :-)
Hugs
Carole x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fabulous cards so beautiful ,Dawnxx

Rach said...

Two stunning cards Jacqui, but you know what i think sweetie, fantastic job...big hugs rachxx

Sue said...

2 stunning cards Jacqui, the snowflakes look fabby and i adore the new SK's, mine came today.

Sue
xx

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning cards!

Gina said...

two fabulous cards, the top one is my favourite, i just love this image and love how you have done the backing to it
Gina xxx

Annie said...

two fabulous cards Jacqui - love babysham going for a ride over the frosty landscape. and I'm glad you managed to sort out your SK images - I use a VersaMagic chalk ink and then heat set which seems to make it waterproof. hugs, annie x

Janet said...

Stunning!! just love the green and red one!!X

Anne said...

Both cards are absolutely lush, I'm drooling x

Donna said...

Great Cards Jacquie, i am loving how you decorate your snowflakes, very effective, can't wait to see your photo's, hope your well. Donna x

Donna said...

This is such an elegant card Jacqui and such perfect colours :) Donna x

Donna said...

Jacqui your WOJ Red & Green card is such a fun card, I love it :) Donna x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow jacqui you have been busy hun. These cards are both gorgeous. So much work in both of them, how do you do it. Hugs Linda x

Suzanne J Dean said...

OMGoodness Jacqui--the Charlotte card is spectacular! I love all of it--great job!

hugz,
Suzanne

Donalda said...

Jacqui your cards are just gorgeous dear. I so love the Whiff of joy card so real life too. Thanks for the tips on the stamps dear.

Desire Fourie said...

Oh these cards are beautiful. The Stampavie stamp is stunning and the fact that you went for brown colours here gives it a nostalgic feel. Warm regards

Swaantje said...

Fantastic cards *wow*

My favourite is the first card...wonderful

Hugs
Swaani

Andrea, said...

2 fantastic cards Jacqui I love how you have used the papers on the first one and the 2nd image looks gorgeous in sepia tones. have a good day and I hope your Wild Cards cart arrives soon, you will love it

LOUISE said...

Awesome cards Jacqui, your snowflakes have turned out really well! P.S. There is an award on my Blog for you. Louise x

Simone said...

Excellent cards! So stunning!
Simone

Unknown said...

Jacqui... so sweet... sugar.. love it

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Beautiful cards, beautiful coloured. Love the golden details on the Stamp with Stampavie card. And the WOJ is wunderful, love the reindeer flying! Love from Holland,
Jacqueline

Bev said...

Jacqui!! When I first saw your WOJ card I was gobsmacked! It's stunning hunny, I adore it!!

Love the SK one too, such a fab idea.

big hugs
Bev x

Katharina Frei said...

Wow Jacqui, Your Charlotte in the sledge scene is so stunning!! What a great idea to let her fly. Love it.
Hugs
Katharina

mueppi said...

Hi Jacqui
both cards are wonderful!
I love them!
Hugs Gisela

Lisa Olson said...

Superly stunning card!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...