Friday, 8 June 2012

Be True to Who you Are


Wow its a bit windy this morning, in fact that's an understatement its actually blowing a gale out there, glad I haven’t got to go out today.  I have been playing with some of the lovely products from Sam Pooles Creative Studios website, its my turn to post on the Creative Studios Blog this morning, so I have made this picture with the 6 x 6 Wooden Frame Sam sent me last week as my DT project.


I have never created anything like this before but I think I am pleased with it.  The frame was covered with Tim Holtzs Tissue Paper, which I then distressed with Victorian Velvet and Vintage Photo Distress Ink and I have randomly dabbed some Spackles on. 


The sentiment is from Sam's Art Phrases A5 Stamp Sheet, stamped on to paper that has then been screwed up and distressed.  I filled a bottle from the Tim Holtzs Idea-ology Corked Vials set and added a label I picked up at the NEC this year.  The Pen Nib and Key are also from the Idea-ology collection.  The Lush Silky Crush Champagne Ribbon is available from Sam's website.


The flower was cut with Spellbinders Rose Creations Die, and the hanging fob is another Idea-ology product.


The fabulous stamp is from the Steam Punk Dreams A5 Stamp Sheet, I have stamped and glittered the image then added wings I cut from a acetate butterfly.  The Sprocket Gears are also by Tim Holtzs.


I hope you like my first attempt at Framing

Hugs Jacs xxx


Anesha said...

Wo this is beautiful.

Caroline said...

WOW this is stunning beautiful frame and embelished beautifully. Caroline xxx

julie_woolston said...

Wow this is stunning Jacqui, love the papers and all the gorgeous detail.

Hugs Julie x

Denise and Louise said...

This is gorgeous - love the butterfly wings.
Denise xx

Lisa Baker said...

Lovely Jacs,
Gorgeous piece of work!
Hugs Lisa.B.x

Sandra H said...

Morning Jacqui, l think our summer has been blown away with these winds its becoming like winter already!! So beautiful and every thing about it is stunning another gorgeous creation:)x

Frea said...

Hi Jacqui, love your vintage looking frame card!! Great job! HUgs, Frea

Christina C. said...

WOW....such a gorgeous creation!!!!

Steph said...

Love, Love, Love this. I really like the vintage feel of it. Would love to hang something like this on my wall.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jacqui.

Hugs Riet.xx

thecraftycavalier said...

Hi Jacqui! This is my favourite Jacqui creation of all time - and it has stiff competition. I really love it. Just love those Tim Holtz tissue paper rolls and the image is just great. I'm inspired! Hugs, Jayne xx

May said...

Gorgeous creation Jacqui.. I bought this stamp set from Sam at ally pally.. It's a brillant set so many stamps on the sheet too!! love your design and colours..Hugs May x x x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wowzer Jacqui, this is fabulous. I absolutely love it. So different for you but you have cracked this style for sure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...