Friday 8 June 2012

Be True to Who you Are

 

Wow its a bit windy this morning, in fact that's an understatement its actually blowing a gale out there, glad I haven’t got to go out today.  I have been playing with some of the lovely products from Sam Pooles Creative Studios website, its my turn to post on the Creative Studios Blog this morning, so I have made this picture with the 6 x 6 Wooden Frame Sam sent me last week as my DT project.

sam8 

I have never created anything like this before but I think I am pleased with it.  The frame was covered with Tim Holtzs Tissue Paper, which I then distressed with Victorian Velvet and Vintage Photo Distress Ink and I have randomly dabbed some Spackles on. 

sam9

The sentiment is from Sam's Art Phrases A5 Stamp Sheet, stamped on to paper that has then been screwed up and distressed.  I filled a bottle from the Tim Holtzs Idea-ology Corked Vials set and added a label I picked up at the NEC this year.  The Pen Nib and Key are also from the Idea-ology collection.  The Lush Silky Crush Champagne Ribbon is available from Sam's website.

sam4

The flower was cut with Spellbinders Rose Creations Die, and the hanging fob is another Idea-ology product.

sam5

The fabulous stamp is from the Steam Punk Dreams A5 Stamp Sheet, I have stamped and glittered the image then added wings I cut from a acetate butterfly.  The Sprocket Gears are also by Tim Holtzs.

sam8

I hope you like my first attempt at Framing

Hugs Jacs xxx

13 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Wo this is beautiful.

Caroline said...

WOW this is stunning beautiful frame and embelished beautifully. Caroline xxx

julie_woolston said...

Wow this is stunning Jacqui, love the papers and all the gorgeous detail.

Hugs Julie x

Denise said...

This is gorgeous - love the butterfly wings.
Denise xx

Unknown said...

Lovely Jacs,
Gorgeous piece of work!
Hugs Lisa.B.x

Sandra H said...

Morning Jacqui, l think our summer has been blown away with these winds its becoming like winter already!! So beautiful and every thing about it is stunning another gorgeous creation:)x

Unknown said...

Hi Jacqui, love your vintage looking frame card!! Great job! HUgs, Frea

Christina C. said...

WOW....such a gorgeous creation!!!!

Steph said...

Love, Love, Love this. I really like the vintage feel of it. Would love to hang something like this on my wall.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jacqui.

Hugs Riet.xx

thecraftycavalier said...

Hi Jacqui! This is my favourite Jacqui creation of all time - and it has stiff competition. I really love it. Just love those Tim Holtz tissue paper rolls and the image is just great. I'm inspired! Hugs, Jayne xx

May said...

Gorgeous creation Jacqui.. I bought this stamp set from Sam at ally pally.. It's a brillant set so many stamps on the sheet too!! love your design and colours..Hugs May x x x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wowzer Jacqui, this is fabulous. I absolutely love it. So different for you but you have cracked this style for sure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...