Saturday 25 April 2009

Off Off and Away, And Girls with Attitude



Penny Black Saturday Challenge

Thanks to everyone who joined us last week the response was fantastic, onto this weeks challenge


Anything Goes


Now this one should be an easy one... or if you want to challenge yourself to something new.. then let your creative run wild. Your limitations are endless... you can create a card, altered art, bag, notebook, candle, box, etc... or even use a past challenge theme if you like.
The only RULE is to ensure you use at least 1 PB image/sentiment on your card.
We have a great set of stamps on offer for one lucky crafter from our Sponsor Simon Says Stamp.




I ordered this stamp earlier in the year but had trouble finding papers to go with it, but on one of my regular visits to The Sweet Shoppe Designs I found this set of downloads called Surfs Up and it was just perfect. I think it must have been the lovely sunny weather we are having at the moment in Canterbury that inspired this card. Well I am looking forward to the weekend, I hope you all have a great one.



Papers are carried onto the inside of the card.


Recipe:
Stamp - Penny Black
Colouring Medium - Copics
Papers -
Sweet Shoppe Designs
Tools - Swirl Punch - The Hobby House
Embellishments - Raffia Ribbon Hobbycraft, rest from
stash.




Truly Scrumptious Challenge

I haven't entered many challenges lately due to time restraints and I feel really bad as so many of you follow challenges where I am on the Dt and I hate not supporting my fellow Blog Buddies, so I intend to try to rectify this omission over the coming weeks. I couldn't resist this fabulous sketch on Truly Scrumptious and the DT cards gave me loads of inspiration
.




Like many of you my Gorjuss Girls set 2 from Funky Kits popped through the letterbox yesterday, I couldn't rest until I had inked up these little babies and not satisfied with just the one I had to use 3 on this card.

I love these two they remind me of a couple of Goths with attitude, so they had to be coloured in muted greys and purples, this was also a great colour combo to go with the new Basic Grey Wisteria Pack. I wanted the right background to mount the images on and couldn't find what I wanted so I coloured a piece of glossy card with Milled Lavender and Dusty Concord Distress Ink, I like the result. The edge of the punched flowers have also been distressed with the same inks.



I had to add another image inside, I am surprised I confined myself to just 3 little ones and havn't used all 6. lol




A closer view



Recipe:
Stamps - Gorjuss Girls set 2 from Funky Kits
Colouring Medium - Copics
Papers - Basic Grey Wisteria
Tools - Large and Medium Retro Flower Punch, Swirl Punch from Hobby House
Embellies - Raffia Ribbon Hobbycraft, Paper Rose Wild Orchid Crafts, black flat back pearls spacers, button from stash

Thanks for looking
Hugs
Jacqui xx

48 comments:

Victoria said...

Fabulous cards Jacqui. You've done a really good job with the PB card, loving the bright summer inspired colours you've used!
Hugs, Vicky x

Fern said...

2 Fabulous cards Jacqui...
I love the Penny Black image, and the way you've decorated the inside!
The gorgeous girls are coloured beautifully! :O)
Love Fern xx

Gina said...

Stunning cards again Jacqui,
Gina xxx

Debbie said...

Two fabulous cards Jacqui, love all the images and yor colouring is beautiful...gorgeous detailing too!
Have a great weekend! Debbie x

Nicola said...

Wow Jacqui these are simply stunning dear. Love your colour combos and the funky, young feeling of PB and those gorrjuss girls are awesome - love all those layers and your fabby dp, think these would be a good investment for me. Have a lovely weekend and I hope the sun shines on you. -x-

Donna said...

Both of these cards are fantastic Jacqui but its the PB card that gets my attention, I love everything about it, a fab image and fab pages, this has to be one of fav cards of yours :) Donna x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards, you make such beautys. Have a great weekend x x

tracie said...

Morning hun, 2 fabulous card again... love this PB image and the inside is gorgoeus too. Oh loving these gorjuss girls.. wish I'd order set 2.. they are so cute and your card is adorable.
Have a wonderful weekend hun
hugs
Tracie :)x

Lia said...

favbul;ous card dear jaqcui, I love your colors
hugs Lia

Wendy said...

Wow Jacqui these are gorgeous
Wendy x

Cathy said...

Fab cards Jacqui. I love the PB one, great colours and papers.
The Gorguss girls are stunning, great coluring and fab papers. I am playing with mine this weekend.
Have a great weekend,
Hugs
Cathy xx

Marcea said...

Wow sweetie 2 fabalicious cards!!!! Great PB image and fab papers too. Love your new GG also - and loving the purple steaks in her her .... so cool!
Have a wonderful weekend my dear
-x-

Mephisto said...

Hi,
both Cards are so wonderful. I like the new Gorjuss Girls. They are sooo sweet.

Domi

Anonymous said...

Awesome cards Jacqui...just love your GG...such funky hair!
Wonderful PB card too...papers are perfect!
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs
Carole x

Pauline C said...

2 fabulous cards Jacqui - love the travel theme on the PB one ... love the little well thought out details like the ticket shaped sentiments - fab! Your GG card is such a gorgeous colour - brilliant!
Pauline x

CraftyC said...

These are both beautiful cards Jacqui, and the Gorjuss girls look fab together. Have a great weekend
Clairex

coldwaters2 said...

Gosh what two stunning works of art truly beautiful cards. I love the images especially those Gorjuss girls and your colour combos and colouring is awesome.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

wow jacqui, your card looks so fantastic with the two cuties, such wonderful colours.
have a nice weekend,
big hugs, bea

Nixe-Moni said...

Wow Jacqui, you have made so many gorgeous and stunning cards the last days, love them all!!
This two cards are stunning too, I love the great colours and the cute images. Fantastic job!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Moni

Sharon said...

Two fab cards Jacqui. I love the colours on your Truly Scrumptious card and you've coloured the gorjuss girls beautifully. Thanks for joining in our TS challenge.

Anonymous said...

fabulous cards hun. you have done a wonderful job on both cards, love the funky hair that you have added to your gojuss girls.. enjoy your weekend hun. hugs rachxx

The Crafty Blonde said...

2 gorgeous card, love the PB image and the papers look so fun and fresh. The girls on the second are are just gorgeous and the papers look so pretty.
Lyndsey xx

Christine Riley said...

Gorgeous cards! I love the colors and papers you used on the Penny Black card and those new Gorjuss Girls are so sweet :)
Hugs, Christine

Donalda said...

Oh my dear these cards are just gorgeous. I so love them both the gorjuss girls are so darling!!! so beautiful colored. Sorry I am sooooooo behind again. Work is killing me lol Hugs

Liza said...

Both cards are totally gorgeous Jacqui! The PB image is fabulous and the papers are perfect. Your Gorjuss Girls are just coloured to perfection. Have a great weekend.

Liza x

Agnes van Hensbergen - agnesstampcards said...

Beautiful cards, love the papers with the pb card i 'v buy this stamp to i will make our vaction card with them.The other is a beauty to.Love your coloring,Have a nice weekend,Hugs Agnesxx

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Both cards are realy pretty. Wonderful!
Hugs Jacqueline

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Fantastic cards Jacqui! Love the fab sunny colours of your PB one. great image and perfect for this time of year. I love your gorgeous girls and all the purples tones. Wonderful you managed to fit 3 on one card!! Have a great weekend,
Judy xxx

Kath Stewart said...

wow two stunners Jacqui and I love your PB one this week...so cute and gorgeous papers..hope you are enjoying the weekend
Hugs Kath xxxx

Anonymous said...

Super cute card! The Gorjuss girls are so funky and cute. I LOVE purple, so I absolutely love this card you've made. /Hanna

PatR said...

Two gorgeous cards again Jacqui. The Penny Black is so vibrant and the gorjuss girls are just that. Colouring as always brilliant.
Love them both.
Pat xx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Oh my goodness - what fab cards Jacqui. It's great to see you entering some challenges too - you need to enjoy yourself in amongst all your hard DT work.
I think I've finally caught my tail so I should be back to commenting on friends blogs again. It is hard work keeping up sometimes, isn't it?
Sharon xx

Bubbles said...

Oh Jacqui these cards are absolutely gorgeous. The PB image is fabulous and you are right it is just perfect with those papers! You have made the gorjuss girls look wonderful, oh how I love the purple stripes in the hair!! Just a wonderful card.
Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog. Apologies for making you spend money (the book!) I don't know if you shop at Craft Superstore (http://www.craftsuperstore.co.uk/?dm_i=562281925) that is where I get all my paper pads from now, usually in the Craft Sale!!! They have lots of BOGOF's and the delivery is really quick!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Joanne x

Larissa said...

Oh Jacqui both these cards are stunning again! The PB stammp is very cute! Love that card.
The new gorjuss girls are perfect. Love the purple hair!

Hugs,
Larissa

Janet said...

Stunning beautful work as always! The top one is really bright and trendy....and the other well it is just Gorguss!!X

Andrea, said...

Wonderful cards Jacqui, I love the bright sunny colours of the 1st card and the Gorjuss Girls are wonderful. I must get mine inked up.
Have a wonderful Sunday

Dawn said...

Hiya Jacqui

wheee I love it and those two girlies make such a great card - love the colours you chose and the colouring of these two little ladies is perfect!
Thanks for joining us on TS

Dawn

Deb said...

beautiful cards Jacqui, fabulous colours and a gorgeous combination of images, love the insides!
Hope you are enjoying your weekend! Debx

Riet said...

Wowwww Jacqui,what a beautiful cards,l love the images and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Viv said...

Wow! 2 gorgeous cards Jacqui! Gonna have to get some gorjuss girls for myself!

LOUISE said...

Stunning cards Jacqui, love them both, but I have to say the Gorjuss Girls tips the scales. Loving the Goth look, my daughter would absolutely love this card, being a little bit Goth herself, hopefully it's just a phase! Have a great day. Lou x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards! I love all the images, especially the Penny Black one, it's awesome. I love the papers you used. Great colouring, too.
Hugs, Vanja

Kim said...

OMG Jacqui that Gorjuss girl card is beautifully done! I love how you have used 3 of them on the card...so beautiful! And the Penny Black one is so adorable too!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Tracey said...

Two absolutely fantastic cards!! Love them both Jacqui!! xx

Tab said...

Wow fab cards hun! Love the Gorjuss girls together, they look so sweet! I have not inked mine yet, but will get round to it next week, just too many delish stamps to use LOL!
Hugs Tab xxx

Tasha said...

Amazing card Jacqui! what lovely colours and those images are super gorgeous! Love the detail
love tasha xx

Beccy said...

fab card those gorjuss girls are great. x

Beth said...

These are so gorgeous! I love the cutie Gorjuss girlies and the colours are fab! Great PB card too - makes me want my hols!! Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge!
Beth xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...