Thursday 28 May 2009

Summers Coming


Sugar Bowl Challenge

First I must apologise for the quality of the photos today, I have tried and tried again to get a decent photo but its just too dull here.

Its an age since I was able to join in Sugar Bowl Challenge, but I had a couple of hours spare for a change last night and I couldn't resist Kathys lovely sketch and the chance to use another of the Lovely Country Cousins stamps.



Distress Inks and H20's were used to colour this image, I also distressed around the edges of all the papers with Frayed Burlap Ink, I just love all the layers on this brilliant sketch they seemed to call out for vintage papers.



I have coloured the same image again for the inside of the card


Recipe:
Stamps - Country Copusins from Sugar Nellie
Colouring Medium - Distress Inks, - Fired Brick, Shabby Shutters, Tattered Rose, Antique Linen, Dried Marigold
Papers - K&Co
Tools - MS Monarch Butterfly Punch, Large Retro Flower Punch
Embellies - Filigree Corner and Spacers Eggstravaganzer, Roses Wild Orchid Craft, Beads from Stash.






Dies to Die For Blog

You REALLY do need sunglasses to view this card, I have a question for you, do you think you can be allergic to colours? whenever I decide to use the dreaded yellow, I come out hot and sweaty and am never ever pleased with what I produce, (but I will persevere).



My Very good friend and fellow DT member Tab, did a great question and answer post on her blog this week about colouring with Prisma Pencils, after reading her comprehensive instructions I thought I would get my Prismas out again and give it a go, what do you think Tab?

This is Little Miss Sunshine from the Greetings Farm, Rain, Snow , Shine set which I bought from Tracy at Dies to Die For, they are all really cute. As I said she was coloured with Prismas and I added Glossy Accents to her sunglasses to make them look more like glass.


The Brightness is carried onto the inside and I have added the Ice Cream Cone image from WOJ Summer Kit coloured and glazed again


Recipe:
Stamps - Rain Snow Shine by Greetings Farm, Ice Cream Cone WOJ Summer Collection
Papers - K&Co
Colouring Medium - Prismas and Sansodor on Bristol Board
Tools - Nesties, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Swirl Punch
Embellies - Flowers Prima, Rest from stash.

Thanks for looking
Hugs
Jacqui xx

43 comments:

Nilla said...

Jacqui, no summer yet? Well you got beautiful cards to warm you up! Hugs from Malaysia Nilla

Daisy Chain said...

This is adorable Jacqui,

I love those colours, although I do have trouble using them myself too.

Love the image and it IS beautifully coloured don't worry.

Hugs Debbie xx

Tracey said...

Gorgeous cards Jacqui!

Marja Sch said...

Your yellow card is awesome. Great job you used it. The other card is wonderful to. Hugs Marja

NGCARDS said...

These are gorgeous I love the colours you have used :) xxx

Lilacanglia said...

Absolutely stunning,
love them both,
Hugs
Angie

Velta said...

You are killing me...the yellow is beautiful!! Both cards are just precious :)

pinky said...

Two excellent cards, you don't do anything other than excellence!!!
Pinky

Dena said...

You did fabulous with your prismas! i love the summer card there. Fun colors. Both are terrific!

Danielle said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards Jacqui! They are both so beautifully coloured. I have trouble using yellow too but it has turned out really lovely! Well done.
Hugs, Danielle

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Now this is just gorgeous!!! I love your beautiful details and your coloring is so soft and pretty!! ;)

Christine said...

Stunning card Jacqui love the images & colour combos.

Christine xx

mueppi said...

Hi Jacqui
your card is wonderful!
The yellow is great!
Hugs Gisela

Debbie said...

Two fabulous cards Jacqui, I love the bright colours on your second card and your prisma colouring is beautiful. Debbie x

Allison said...

such beautiful cards and the colours are nice and summery
AllisonX

Annita said...

think you did GREAT with the yellow.
love both cards, fantastc coloration on both

Christine Riley said...

Beautiful cards! I love the bright colors of the second one. nope, no allergies here :)
Hugs, Christine

Tammi said...

I think you did a fabulous job on the yellow and coloring! Both cards are gorgeous, amazing job on the sketch and details! ~Hugs

Danni said...

Gorgeous cards!! Really love the vintage feel to the first one!

Jacilynn said...

really gorgeous Jacqui! I love this. REally beautiful images and colors on both! I don't think the yellow is too bright.

Victoria said...

They are gorgeous - welcome back hun you have been missed xxxx

Riet said...

Ohhh Wowwww Jacqui,what a BEAUTIFUL cards,l love the images and colours. So beautiful papers.

hugs Riet.x

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous cards Jacqui. Love the images and the beautiful colouring. Hugs Michele x

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Fantastic cards!!!! - I love the first card A LOT! great colors and layout on both cards hun

hugs
Claudia

זהבית שקד said...

Beautiful cards!!!

ZEHAVIT

Sandie said...

Both cards are wonderful. Love the sweet image on the 1st one and the card layout is great.

Love the Anya stamp too :)

Nicki said...

BEautiful yet again! what else can i say?
Nicki
x

Larissa said...

Great cards Jacqui! Your colouring on both your cards is perfect! So I think you do a good job with your prismas!

Hugs,
Larissa

Nicola said...

Wowza Jacqui, these are absolutely stunning girl! Loving your images and wonderful colour combos and hey your colouring is fantastic.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Tab said...

Well what can I say hun, your cards are fabulous and your colouring is to die for, you have certainly got the hang of those Prisma. I think the effect that they have is awesome, so soft, yet vibrant! Beautiful work, Jacqui, truly gorge hun, so glad you found my Q&A thing useful!
Hugs Tab xxx

Donna said...

Gorgeous cards Jacqui, the first one is very elegant and the 2nd card is such good fun with such lovely bright colours :) Donna x

Jackie said...

Gorgeous cards Jacquie, I love all your creations.
Jackie
x

Lynsey said...

Beautiful cards Jacqui!
Hugs Lynsey:)

Sandra said...

Hi Jacqui...two fabby cards again today.love the images and colour scheme's on both,
Take care
San x

Lilian said...

Your cards are both beautiful and the coloring's wonderful! I cannot get over the pretty embellishments and had to look again. :) Lovely cards all the way inside.
Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge and hope to see you in the next one too :) Have a great day!

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Both cards are beautiful, great colors!
Hugs Jacqueline

LOUISE said...

Gorgeous card Jacqui, love the image, and the colours are just perfect for a summery look! Lou x

Andrea, said...

2 beautiful cards Jacqui, I love the colours and image on the first card and the 2nd is so bright and summery, perfect for this lovely weather we are having

Risa said...

Oh my goodness...both of your cards are beautiful Jacqui! Your coloring is amazing and both are embellished to perfection!
hugs
Risa:)

Donna said...

Another lovely card Jacqui, love your coloring on this image. I've not colored mine yet, but I do have it stamped out. Very vintage looking and the gold corner piece is absolutely lovely, great touch.
And your yellow card is lovely too. I love yellow on cards, yellow and green, or yellow and orange or yellow and....
hugs
Donna

Kathy said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards Jacqui!! I always love the colors and papers that you use and both these images are just darling!! Thanks so much for playing along in the Sugar Bowl!! Hope you have a fabulous week-end :)Kathy

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cards, Jacqui! The first one is really stunning! You have used beautiful papers again and an adorable image which is coloured perfectly. I love how you arranged (sp?) the roses. The second card is gorgeous, too. Very bright and colourful.
Hugs, Vanja

mia.t said...

Both your cards are lovely but I must say that the top one is a favourite. Great take on the sketch!!
Hugs Mia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...