Friday 8 January 2010

A Sugar Nellie Beauty


Sketch and Stash Challenge

I don't know if you have visited Funky Kits lately but they are now selling the most fantastic downloads by Sugar Nellie there are 6 in all and they are awesome. Well of course I had to have them and this is the first card I have made using them so it qualifies for the Sketch and Stash Challenge. Tell me if can resist this little Fairy Webb Knitter.



I have used Copics and Polychromos pencils to colour my little darling, and used lots of Glamour Dust on her web. The papers are Bo Bunny Abbey Road which I purchased from The Hobby House, this is a completely different colour scheme for me I am going to try to venture away from my usual Pinks and Greens in 2010.

The Flowers are a mixture from Tabby Craft Designs and Wild Orchid Crafts they have been spritzed with the last of my Pearl Glimmer Mist!!!!! (must get on and order more) and have had stickles added to the edges.



I am so lucky in the care and attention I get from my dearest sons and daughter in laws, My eldest Son Matthew and DIL Emma arrived here with three bags of shopping (and some Ciggies!!) for Mum and I this afternoon quite out of the blue, it is not as if they live around the corner this meant a 35 mile drive, (they have a 4 wheel drive, I think that makes a difference in the snow and Ice not being a driver I wouldn't know). They knew I was not able to get to the village and Tesco are have cancelled all deliveries until next Tuesday, they only stayed for a cup of tea as they wanted to get back before it started to snow again. I am so proud of them!!! Thank you Matthew and Emma xxxxx

Thanks for looking
Hugs
Jacqui xx

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie!! Oh I love this image!! I need to get over there and check out these digis!!! Such beautiful coloring and what a fab take on the sketch!! HUGS

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love the sparkle on the knitted web! Hugs Juls

Grenouille Greetings said...

This image really is lovely and so beautifully coloured. She looks lovely in blue on the BoBunny papers. Thank you for sharing! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Yvonne said...

Such a beatiful card. and the image.. so sweet. loving the colours!

What a lovely thing for your your children done, thinking of Mum.

stampinfrog said...

Jacqui this image is so adorable!Fabulous coloring and papers!
Your son and DIL are keepers!
Hugs,Connie

cheryl said...

wow hunnie this is brilliant love how the web glistens ,love them to pieces so glad you got your ciggies,hun,hugs cheryl xxxx

Danielle said...

What a beautiful card Jacqui - that fairy is absolutely gorgeous! Those BB papers are exquisite too! Fab colouring as always! How nice to hear your son & DIL made you a visit and brought you some supplies! Stay warm!
Hugs, Danielle

Kylie said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful colouring. Thanks for link. I'm off so fast you can't see me for dust! lol.

Kylie ox

coldwaters2 said...

Jacqui this is stunning loving those colours and your design and of course that gorgeous image I couldn't resist either and got three of them lol.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Tracey said...

This is a gorgeous card Jacqui! I love it!! xx

Deb said...

gorgeous card Jacqui! how sweet of your son and DIL, what a fab thing for them to do and a lovely surprise! hugs debx

Stampin Mindy said...

This card is lovely, love the colors you used and those flowers are GORGEOUS!

Stampin Mindy said...

Oh I have some blog candy on my blog if you'd like to come check it out! Hugs!

Sew This N That said...

Oh what a wonderful surprise for you, hun, aren't families awesome :0)
I adore your card, isn't she a sweetie :0) I didn't know about funky and their downloads...will take a peek when I get the time :0)
Take care x
Heather x

Francesca said...

wonderful card , such a cute image and the colours are fab
very kind of your son and Daughter in law to think of you like that
Hugs
Francesca

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Your card is adorable! Wonderful colours and a lovely image, super!
Hugs Jacqueline

heidy said...

what a lovely image,Love the paper,and your card is adorrable.
Hugs Heidy

Lia said...

dear jaqcui,
your card is stunning I love the stamp she's cute
hugs lia

Beccy said...

Those digis are fantastic arent they I have got them but havent printed them yet and seeing your creation I am getting itching fingers. How fabulous are your boys and DIL, what a lovely thoughtful thing to do. Luckily in London were not that bad and can just get about still, but they say we will get it later today and tomorrow so Im gonna have to go and stock up myself before playing.

Take care

Beccy x

Mich said...

What an adourable card you made. I love this stamp so much, so beautiful, the girl that is knitting a spiderweb. Love it !!

Anonymous said...

A lovely card Jacqui!!
Love the image and the colours are perfect.
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs Jannie.

Fern said...

Fab card Jacqui, i love the colours- such a nice change from the usual.

Fern zz

ribenaruby said...

Super fab image, love it, so unusual! Great colouring and isn't it heartwarming to know your family care so much. Have a wonderful weekend!

Nilla said...

So funny the web knitter! Love it! Brilliant card! Hugs Nilla

Suzanne said...

I seen these images yesterday, Jacqui and I think I might need to pop back over there today, lol. So nice of your son and DIL. Lets you know you are cared for, ehh.
Hugs
Suzanne x

Bev said...

Isn't it just the best when your kids do you proud! What a sweet and thoughtful thing they did for you sweetie.

I just LOVE your card too, you rocked these colours and your colouring is simply stunning!

PatR said...

Gorgeous card jacqui and I love the colours. This image is fabulous. Glad to hear you have got your supplies!
Love, Patx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Jacqui :-) I love this image and went and bought her yeaterday,,, along with a couple of others ,, :-) I love her knitting a web ,, what a lovely idea eh ! :-)

thanks for joining the Sketch and Stash Challenge :-)

Luv
Lols x x

p.s glad you got some supplies :-) x x

Riet said...

So beautiful card Jacqui,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers

Hugs Riet.xx

Karen Mortensen said...

Beautiful work Jacqui, just stunning. Love the sparkle on that web.
xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...