Friday 14 December 2012

Quick Card and Gift

Morning all, Tree done Yipeee, now I can get down to a bit more crafting with a clear conscious.  Today I have a really different post, it all started when my neighbour took in some parcels for me this week, I wanted to give her a little something to say thanks but not go over the top and I had also forgotten to make her a Christmas card so was going to send a shop bought one.  With time being short it got me to thinking of how to make a quick card for the unexpected visitor or someone you had forgotten, I wanted to use as little products and papers as possible (if you are like me all Christmas Papers and Embellies go back in the loft a few days before Christmas Day to give me a bit more room), this is what I came up with it took all of three quarters of an hour.

jc2

This is what I have come up with guess whats in the box!!!

jc1

Yep a box of After Eight Mints.

jc3 

The card was simplicity itself, just a sheet of Pink Paper, a pre-scored and scalloped card blank, white paper and a few self adhesive pearls, 3 sets of Spellbinders Dies – Layered Poinsettia, Moroccan Accents, Moroccan Motifs.

I used 4 of the corners from Moroccan Accents set, then Large and middle Doilies from Moroccan Motifs, I layered the 2 doilies up with foam pads to add some depth, then cut two of each of the 2nd largest Poinsettia, and the 2 smaller poinsettias, I shaped the leaves(petals) with my fingers and layered them up as shown, then with 2 foam pads I add to the middle of the layered doily.  Finally  just add a few pearls, Voila its that simple and quick.

jc5

I then wrapped the choccies with white paper, cut 4 strips off pink paper to cover sides, then just using the small doily from Moroccan Motifs, I add another poinsettia made as for the card.  Add a corner from Moroccan accents to the top, for the side i cut the gorgeous Lable again from the Moroccan Accents set and stamped a small snowflake in the middle, the just added more pearls to the top and side.

jc6

A better view of the top of the box.

I promised a picture of my completed Christmas Tree here it is in all its glory

xmas1

And this is a Christmas Patchwork Wall Hanging that I made about 10 years ago it comes out each year :)

use

Don’t forget I have some Delicious memory Box Candy on offer, to join in scroll up to the post above.

Have a good day

Hugs

Jacs xxxxxx

17 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

lovely Jacqui also love the wall hanging

jacqui x

Debbie said...

What a great idea Jacqui...I love the colours and your wall hanging is beautiful.
Hugs Debbie x

Kelly Lloyd said...

Great card and gift box, just the thing for those unexpected visitors as you said Jacs..

Your tree looks fab and that wall hanging is fabulous.

Have a good weekend

Hugs Kelly

Annie said...

such a beautiful, and special, gift for your neighbour! Your tree is looking fabulously festive Jacqui, and that quilted hanging is a stunning work of art. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
hugs, annie x

The Craft Bucket said...

Gorgeous box of chocolates, lovely Christmas tree and that wall hanging is devine. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas, love Jane x

Caroline said...

Beautiful gift ideas and your tree and wall hanging are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

Turtle In The Sand said...

I sure consider this card and box well over the top as a gift!. Can I get your mail the next time? LOL

Unknown said...

I love the cover for the after eight mints, I think it's a lovely idea, well done. The wall hanging is really pretty and I love your tree
Sue x

Sue said...

Your card is and decorated box look gorgeous Jacqui. I love the design and colours.
I love your tree and the patchwork wall hanging that you have made looks wonderful.

Hugs Sue

Jane said...

How clever is your card and present. I love the fact that it is not a real box but really looks like one..thanks for the inspiration xx

The Stamp Basket said...

Such a beautiful wall hanging, Jacqui. So special to bring it out each Christmas. Janet xx

Sandra H said...

oh so beautiful and your tree looks lovely too! xx

ellyscard creatief said...

What a beautiful creation.
Gr Elly

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

That Christmas Quilted wall hanging is gorgeous Jacqui! xxx

Sonia said...

Such a gorgeous card and gift:) Love pink and white...so elegant:) beautiful diecuts too:)
Hugs,
Sonia

scrappymo! said...

Your tree is wonderful and the wall hanging is GORGEOUS! Oh my goodness...it is a work of art.

Unknown said...

"Great post and so interesting. Glad I stopped by, and continued good luck with the blog hop!
Accounts Software For Small Business
Simran Kaur"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...