Monday 2 February 2009

2 Spoonfuls of Sugar for you


A Spoonful of Sugar - Sketch Challenge

For our challenge this week we have a fabulous sketch which has been kindly designed for us by our Guest Designer Tina. Why not pop over here and take a peep at Tina's blog. Her attention to detail on her cards is amazing. Don't forget you may rotate, re size or elongate the sketch. You can even make something other than a card. All that we ask is that we can see that the item has followed the sketch. Please feel free to use a square or rectangle for the main image. There are also some fabulous stamps on offer for one lucky winner donated by Bryony from Silly Monkey Crafts



Well good morning everyone hope you are all safe and warm this morning, most of our snow has gone as it rained really heavily last night, but then it turned really cold and the snow that was left has turned to Ice, so not a day to be out. If you have got to drive today please take care and have a safe journey.

This morning it is the turn of Whiff of Joy Molly Celebrating Duck to take centre stage, she is such a fun stamp to use for so many occassions, I have coloured her with Distres Inks and H20's, (havn't gone off of Copics but felt I needed to keep my hand in with the DI. The papers are by Imaginise and have been matted onto plain blue base card. I have had a bit of a tidy up and found lots of brads that I forgot I had and the Happy Birthday brad is one of them, Buttons and Paper Clip are from Stash and the ribbon is fron Raspberry Ribbons.


The same papers have been used on the inside of the card of course they have been punched with MSDP (my daily fix) I have used another Whiff of Joy Stamp from the Party Animals Accessory set which has also been coloured with Distress Inks, and of course Labels Nesties have been used again. I cut out two hats from the Dp and added to the label.



Sugar Sugar POM - Label Card


The Project of the Month on
Sugar Sugar for February is a Tag card designed by the Fabulous Tiets, she has given us easy to follow instructions (Thanks Tiets) so do have a go, there are some fabulous Tag cards by the Sugar Sugar members to get you started.


I really enjoyed making this card it is something I have never tried before but certainly will make again. I have used the lovely Elizabeth Bell Sugar Nellie stamp available from Funky Kits, and she has also been coloured with Distress Inks, I tried to match the blue-green colour of the paper with the inks so I mixed Faded Jeans and Cracked Paint until I got the colour I wanted. All the papers are by K &Co and I love the distressed look of them so thought I would carry that theme on througout the card. All the flowers on the card have been punched with the Retro Punch and Ash leave punch Ribbons are from Stash. I cut up a doyley and coloured it with distress ink for a little extra embellie.

A Closer view of the sweet image

The inside of the Tag card the coupon stamp is by Hero Arts



Thanks for looking and have a safe day
Hugs
Jacqui xx

55 comments:

Rach said...

wow jacqui
Two fantastic creations sweetie, love your card with the sweet molly duck your colouring is amazing and works beautifully with your chosen papers. the Tag card is also so sweet. love the antique look of this one, the flowers and leaves that you have added look wonderful. Take care hun. watch for ice! the roads are like a skating rink here... Aaron is off to work in a mo... he hasn't ever driven in these conditions so i am going to be like a chicken laying eggs.!!! lol.
big hugs rachxx

Nicola said...

Such beautiful creations Jacqui. Molly looks so adorable and your dp´s are fab too. Wow love this tag, something I have never made myself as yet but you do tempt me into new pastures.
Have a nice day. -x-

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous creations Jacqui, your colouring on both is beautiful. I love the gorgeous papers you have used. Hugs Nikki x

Lisa Olson said...

Oh my gosh Jacqui, think you have outdone yourself here. Just when I think I am getting there with my designs I come here and get completely blown away.

The Crafty Blonde said...

Two fabulous card, they are both gorgeous. Am off to have a look at this Tag Card.
Lyndsey xx

Agnes van Hensbergen - agnesstampcards said...

Ooh Jacqui you have make 2 beautiful creations.The card is so beautiful coloring and the inside perfect,The label so fabulous with a lovely images.

Big hugs Agnesxx

Becky said...

Both so gorgeous Jacqui! I do love that duck, he's so cute! Gorgeous tag, great idea!!
Love Becky xx

Michele Roos said...

Two gorgeous creations Jacqui. Love the way you coloured the images and fab papers also. Michele x

judy anderson said...

Holy Moly these are lovely.

Zoe said...

Hello Jacqui, Two pretty cards and I love the images on both of them.
love
Zoe
xxx

Janet said...

Such stunning work as always Jacqui! I just love how you decorated the inside of the duck card. The second card is sooo beautiful...you have inspired me to have a go at something different!X

Sew This N That said...

Two awesome cards Jacqui :0)
Love molly duck...another to put on my NEED list lol.
**Hugs** Heather x

Debbie said...

Two beautiful creations jacqui love your colouing of the cute duck.Would you believe it we have no snow and glorious sunshine in the north east of England It's still freezing though.
Hugs Debbie x

Bubbles said...

2 absolutely gorgeous cards Jacqui, where do you find all of your inspiration? Your colouring as always is perfect and I just love all of the details you add and decorate the whole card. Just wonderful.
Joanne x

Chrissie said...

2 totally stunning cards Jacqui!
I just want to know how your cards manage to get better each time, please share your secret, I really need to know!LOL

Anonymous said...

wow jacqui what for fantastic projects !! beautiful card and wonderful tag !! love your works !!

big hugs tina46xx

Nicki said...

Both these cards are absolutely amazing Jacqui, I love everything about them. Nicki, xx.

Wendy said...

Really cute image on the card and the tag card wow its gorgeous
Wendy x

Christine Riley said...

Gorgeous cards Jacqui! I love the tag card, I'm going to have to try that. Thanks for the inspiration :)
Hugs, Christine

Deb said...

fantastic cards, I love them both, the duck image is so fun, he always makes me laugh, love the inside too. The tag card is just stunning, love it, so many details and the paper is so pretty, I used to have this one, now hoping I have a bit left!
take care with that ice!have a great evening, hugs Debx

stampinfrog said...

Both cards are BEAUTIFUL! I must admit I Love the tag card. Gorgeous papers and your coloring is just amazing!
Be careful and stay warm!
Hugs
Connie (aka stampinfrog)

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Stunning cards and I love your tag card! It has such a great feel top it. Love all the flowers! You've done a magic job of it!!
Judy xx

Mina said...

fantastic cards...that duck always looks so happy dosent it...I so love the tag card and will defo pop over to get the instructions for it...your colouring and colour choices are fabulous...love them both xxx

COCO said...

oh jacqui it's very wonderful creations !!!!!
I love it your card whith Nelly Sugar !!!! very beautiful papers !!!!
hugs coco

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Love your card Jacqui! The first one is so fun, cute image too. Love the papers and that layout, make have to join in this challenge. Love the little touches of sparkle too. Your second card is just lovely! Gorgeous image and coloring. Love the vintage feel of the beautiful papers and accents. Well done! :) Hope you're staying warm.

Kim said...

What beautiful cards Jacqui! They are so gorgeous!!!! Love the insides of your cards!
Hugs~ Kim

Marlou McAlees said...

amazing cards Jacqui!! loving those cute!!! ducks!! they made me smile :) x

Mel said...

Two super cards, love them both ~ Mel x

maddy hill said...

Two beautiful cards with loads of gorgeous details !

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Sensational cards Jacqui. Your eye for colour and pattern is faultless. I still dream of making something to your standard. I'm in love with the tag card - it is wonderful.
Sharon xx

Gina said...

Stunning cards Jacqui :)
Gina xxx

Debbie said...

Oh wow these are both gorgeous Jacqui! I love both of the images and your colouring is beautiful. I love the papers you have used and all the fab details. Debbie x

Donna said...

Such a sweet card Jacqui and what a fab image :) loving your tag too and both card and tag are beautifully decorated inside :) Donna x

Sandra said...

Hi Jacqui...two fabby cards again,your work is just amazing,brilliant colouring as always and the perfect papers and finishing touches,
Take care
San x

Helen said...

Wow - these are both fantastic! Love all the detail on both the outside and inside of your SFoS card - and your tag card is just beautiful!
Helen x

Lesley said...

awww wow I am never dissapointed when i visit ur blog!!! Ur cards are always absolutely Stunning!!! take care huni...luv n hugs lesley xxx

Donalda said...

Oh girlfriend these are just beautiful!!!!!!!!! So beautiful colored dear and just love the tag card wow now that is just gorgeous dear love all the detail dear. Hope you are staying warm dear.

Marcea said...

Hi Jacqui, 2 stunning creations but have to say I love your SN tag card. Outstanding colouration. Hope you had a cosy day
-x-

Lia said...

hi jacqui,

what a wonderful creations you made I love then all, your papers stamps and all the details you used it is really lovely
big hugs lia

Annie said...

Jacqui this is a fabulous card and I love those K&Co papers you used with the sweet image. thank you for your kind email - I am doing ok, just a little tired! hugs, annie x

Lorraine Robertson said...

Wow 2 gorgeous stunning pieces of art from you today honey... loving them both..

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

Anne said...

Both fab cards as always Jacqui tempted to send you the fare to come do my colouring in for me then again there'd probably be a waiting list lol take care catch u later

Janna said...

OMG!! These are both so pretty! I love the duck with his bottle of champagne! He is so festive and fun, but the Sugar Nellie card is so beautiful! I can't believe your coloring and the distressing you did! Wow is the only word that describes it!

Smiles,
janna

Andrea, said...

Oh these are so pretty Jacqui, I love the papers and colours and as always your colouring is perfect. Have a good day

Lilian said...

Jacqui, your cards are always amazing and beautifully colored. So many details, my eyes were having a feast. Thanks for joining the Sugar Sugar project too.

Nixe-Moni said...

Wow, two gorgeous creations!! I love the great papers and the cute images. Your colouring is fantastic.
Hugs
Moni

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous cards, love the inside of the Molly duck one but my fave is the tag card.

Mephisto said...

That are fab Creations Jacqui. I like them both.

Hugs
Domi

Riet said...

o Jacqu,what a beautiful cards.

hugs Riet.xx

Linnie said...

great collection of cards thankyou for your inspiation
linnie

Jill said...

ohh this tag card is gorgeous and I love the image, beautiful colouring hugs Jill x

Lynsey said...

Wow Jacqui, these are just such amazing cards!
Hugs Lynsey:)

Lynsey said...

Wow Jacqui, these are just such amazing cards!
Hugs Lynsey:)

Carole said...

Wow Jacqui...you do come up with some fabulous creations...love the duck card and the tag card...well....it's just awesome...totally beautiful in every way.
Hugs
Carole x

Kim Dellow said...

Oh wow, absolutely wonderful, it is just gorgeous. Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...