Thursday 4 June 2009

Happy Birthday to Sketch Saturday and LOTV Challenge


Sketch Saturday

Happy Birthday to Sketch Saturday, and thanks for all the wonderful sketches you have provided for us in the last 52 weeks, also for the fantastic inspiration from the Design Team, this has become one of my favourite challenges and I join in as often as I can, looking forward to lots of new sketches during the next year.

As usual it is a fabulous sketch this week and some wonderful prizes on offer, there is also a blog hop with each DT member offering some Blog Candy well worth joining in this week.



I ordered the accessories for the lovely Annie stamps from Charmed Cards and Crafts last week and couldn't wait to use this lovely stool. I have stamped and cut out the stall and Annie and 3d onto an oval cut with Nesties, they have been coloured with Copics. I have used the last of my beloved Daisy Bucket Papers on this card and must now try to order some more.



I have as usual decorated the inside of the card.


Recipe:
Stamps - Charmed Card and Crafts, Sentiment Whiff of Joy
Colouring Medium - Copics on SU Whisper White
Papers - Daisy Bucket
Tools - Oval Nesties, Nesties Labels set, Swirl Punch
Embellies - Flowers and ribbon from Stash, Flower Centres from Eggstravaganza, Buttons from Silly Monkeys






This weeks challenge on Lili of the Valley Thursday Challenge is
SUMMER FUN
The Dt have created some fab cards to get you started. Don't forget it is not necessary to use LOTV products on your cards the challenge is open to all.

Lili of the Valley News

"Lili of the Valley are having a massive summer sale. Everything on the website is reduced by at least 50%. Unmounted Stamps are only £2 each, Die Cuts are 65p a sheet and backing papers only 30p. So do stock up on your favourites, or it's a great chance to try them for your cards and crafts if you've not had them before."

You may wonder what my card has to do with Summer Fun but as we have only Boys in our Family this card is a micro view of how my older Grandsons fill the holidays, at first they are always on their phones making arrangements to met their friends, the evenings are spent making loud noises (I mean Music :D) with their guitars, and by the end of three weeks they are just standing around saying how bored they are.

The great Oliver Die Cuts are available from Lili of the Valley and are perfect for teenagers, the Paper is from K&Co. I found the instructions for the Tri Shutter Card on SCS.


Recipe:
Die Cuts - Lili of the Valley
Papers - K&Co
Buttons - Crafters Companion

If you like Distressing you creations the fabulous and sweet Kim Piggott has written a fantastic tutorial on how she makes her delicious creations for the first of Just Magnolias monthly tutorial spot. To check this out and get some fantastic tips just click Here


Thanks for looking
Hugs
Jacqui xx



55 comments:

Riet said...

Woww Jacqui,what a beautiful cards,l love the images and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

pinky said...

Two stunning cards, am dying to use my charmed stamps again and I also have the seat. The boys card is brilliant, my daughter fills her summer the very same way lol. Might have a go at LOTV as I didn't realise you could use any image.
Pinky

COCO said...

wo very fabulous card and nice coloring and image !!!!
Thanks for joining in at SS this week and for entering for my surprise bag!
Hugs COCO

Bente said...

Wow - love your cards - gorgeous colors and details, the images is colored perfectly as always!
Have a nice day!
Hugs, Bente

Poppy said...

both lovely cards, Great boy card.
poppy

Lia said...

dear jaqcui,
both of your cards are stunning I love the papers and the stamps it's all so fabulous
hugs lia

Stacey said...

Your colouring is just wonderful Jacqui! Love the way you have shaded the little girls hair ~♥~

Lilacanglia said...

wowsers,
such brilliant colours and cards,
love them both,
hugs
Angie

Sue said...

Beautiful cards, love that little bench she is sitting on, would look great in my garden!! great boys card too, Happy Crafting Sue xx

Susie Sugar said...

Simply stunning cards Jacqui They are both lovely but the top one is my fav, your colouring is just perfect
Hugs Susie xx

Anonymous said...

these are two fantastic cards Jacqui, love them both. i have eyed up the second card style for a while now ..just got to find the time to make one,, yours looks awesome.xx

Nannieflash said...

As always Jacqui, two fantastic cards, I absolutely love the first one, the image and the design are stunning. Well done love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Mina said...

gorgeous cards Jacqui I so need those Annie stamps now xxx

Victoria said...

fantasic cards gorgsously coloured

Thank you so much for the lovely words that you left on my blog. I have some strong painkillers and antiinflamitries so managing to do some crafting. i have found if i paint on good days I can then cut the papers on the bad.
Big hugs and thanks for being a great friend x

Desire Fourie said...

These creations are gorgeous Jacqui. I especially love the first one in which the colour combo is very striking and the gorgeous girl sitting on the stool is just perfect. Hugs from Desire

Unknown said...

oh wow jacqui, your cards are both so wonderful and cute. lovely colours and so fabulous layouts.
hugs, bea

Nicola said...

Wowzers Jacqui your cards are stunning sweetie, love your images and wonderful colouring. Annie looks gorgeous sat upon that beautiful stool and your papers are delish sweetie. Love the shaped detail of the lads card and those guys sure are cool.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Danielle said...

Great cards Jacqui - they are both fabulous! Beautiful colouring on your Annie image and your new accessory stamps are wonderful!
Hugs, Danielle

strawberry fields said...

Wonderful cards
fiona x

Anonymous said...

Mega supah cute!! I love the papers on this!! What a rockin' card!! TFS!

Tracey said...

These are fabulous cards Jacqui! Love them!

Risa said...

Jacqui,
Both of your cards are outstanding..you are so creative!!
Your first card is beautiful beyond belief and the image..too cute!
The second card hits the spot for summer perfectly! I love the cool shape of your card and the sentiments made me smile.
hugs
Risa:)

Dena said...

No way!!! What a darling card up top. I think I am on a red kick. Just love this card!!!!
The second one is so cute also. My son is in a band and would think it was very cool too. Hugs, Dena

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous cards Jacqui. Love the images and the colouring is just beautiful. Yummy papers also. Hugs Michele x

Wendy said...

Great cards I love the way you have got Annie sitting on the stool
Wendy x

daisy said...

love the stool daisy's on!

hugs
daisy hihi thats my real name

SCRAP DIDI said...

Oh !!!!
beautiful card !!! i love colors and i love stamp is fabulous !!!
hugs didi

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

These cards are super! Beautiful.
Hugs Jacqueline

CraftyC said...

These are both gorgeous Jacqui. I do love the 1st one, she is so sweet and I really need to find time to colour mine in, poors things still in its packet. Thanks for taking me on, hope I serve you well!!
Take care
Clairexx

PatR said...

Both these cards are gorgeous. I love the cute image and the colours on the first one. The second one is just great, any boy would love it!!

Hugs, Pat xx

Jill said...

stunning cards Jacqui I just can't make my mind up which one I love the most lol, they are both gorgeous hugs Jill xx

Leann said...

Heehee - your summer holiday description sounds very familiar!!!

Gorgeous cards hun (as always!)

Lots of love and hugs to you all x

Linnie said...

beautiful cards just stunning work i love them both
luv
linniex

Tab said...

Gorge cards hun, love the annie stamps so sweet! Gorge colours and papers on both!
Hugs Tab xxx

Allison said...

beautiful cards, you never fail fail to come up with stunners
AllisonX

Marcea said...

fabulous cards hunny, they are both so gorgeous. Hope you are keeping ok :o)
-x-

Donna said...

Fantastic cards Jacqui, the first one is so pretty and the LOTV card is brilliant and just about sums up the teens of today lol! :) Donna x

Terry said...

Hiya Jacqui, what wonderfull cards you made again hun..just wonderfull colours, colouring and such nice papers you used.....thanks for sharing hun. hugs terry

Kim said...

Jacqui both of these are gorgeous! I love your rocker dude on the pull out card and your little girl card (I can't remember the image name right now) is adorable! Awesome work!
Hugs~ Kim

Sandra said...

Wow Jacqui. These cards are great. Your sense of fun and creativity shines through on both!
Have sent you an email with my addy. Not sure if you have received it or not.
My email is craftysandra.d@googlemail.com if you need to contact me :)
Hugs
Sandra x

Nilla said...

One very cool card and the other so sweet and beautiful! Love the red! Hugs Nilla

Tammi said...

LOL, I have 3 boys so I totally get your second card...so true! Love your fantatic card, neat layout! And your 1st card, wow, so pretty! She's colored beautifully, love her shiny hair. ~Hugs

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Jacqui what amazing cards!
love how you have used everything and your coloring is specacular!
Such wonderful work!

jesus.. you make me hope with your spider box! I WANT A LITTLE CUTE GIRL lol.. at the moment the boys squeek and scream for every little fly.. do you think there is hope? lol
hugs
Claudiax

6 wacky women said...

Fabulous cards, Jacqui.
Wonderful details...love them both!!

Karen x

Kathy said...

Both cards are just fabulous Jacqui!! Love the first one that image is darling sitting on the bench ~ such pretty colors!! Love the second one as well! Fab design and those images are so cool!!
Hope you have a great week-end :)Kathy

Maya said...

Such beautiful cards,Jaqui!
Love the first one,it is gorgeous!!
Hugs from Maya:)

Nicki said...

WOW Jacqui, what can i say? beautiful as always! love them!
Nicki
x

Andrea, said...

oh these are wonderful Jacqui, a perfect boys card and I love the image you have used on the 1st card. Have a good friday

Jo said...

Hi Jacqui!
So adorable! what a beautiful card you've made, but then you always do ;)
Thank you for joining in our challenge and for entering my PBC
Jo xx

Fern said...

Wow!!!!!
3 FABULOUS cards Jacqui.
I am in love with the second, the vibrant colours are beautiful, and Annie looks very pretty on her chair!

Fern xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous creations, Jacqui! I love the cute image on the first card and the pretty ribbon. Great colouring as always. The second creation is gorgeous and the images are very cute.

Hugs, Vanja

Beccy said...

Great cards Jacqui that stool is fab and the papers are lovely - so hard to use the last of ones you like isnt it!

Hugs Beccy x

Marcea said...

Jacqui, this is wonderful hun, Fabulous rich colours
-x-

Anonymous said...

Two amazing cards...love little Annie and you LOTV card is so clever..great work!
Hugs
Carole x

Bev said...

Brilliant cards sweetie, I love the LOTV one - looks way too fiddly for me though lol. The Annie card is so gorgeous too, I agree about the stool, one of the best and most useful stamps I have xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...