Wednesday 2 June 2010

Catch Up

015a

After spending all day yesterday in bed with my migraine I have lots of catching up to do today, its amazing how work stacks up isn’t it.

Today is another  Whiff of Joy Challenge  day and we have a fabulous sketch by Donalda to work with, this must be one of the best sketches I have used for ages, so thank you dear.

015

I love making cards for WOJ Challenge as it gives me a chance to use some of the older stamps, this one has always been a favourite.  She has been coloured with Copics, the Papers are from Bearly Mine Designs, so soft and vintage and they hace encouraged me to expand my colour palette.  The lovely roses are of course from Wild Orchid Crafts who are also the very generous sponsors of Whiff of Joy Challenge this week.

016

I was the lucky recipient of a set of the new Manga releases from  Wendy at Secret Crafter, they are awesome so unusual I have had fun using them thanks so much Wendy.  The Girls at Secret Crafters Challenge have made cards with a different image everyday this week so pop over and check them out.

002a

This is Cat Girl from the new release, she is just Purrrrfect I had such fun with this one. 

002

I have again used copics to colour her, and the paper was laying on my desk from a card I made last week.Wild Orchid Roses and Cherry Blossom is used again.  Now come on who could not fall in love with those sexy eyes isn’t she fun.

003

and finally it is my turn to do a project for Whiff of Joy  Tutorial and Inspiration Blog, I have posted instructions on making this cute little Cold Cure Holder Card

010Looks pretty plain but open the flap and see what is inside 

013

if you would like to find out more and make your own card just pop over to the  Whiff of Joy  Tutorial and Inspiration Blog

Sorry it has been such a long read.  Hope to see you tomorrow

Hugs Jacqui x

24 comments:

PatR said...

Hi Jacqui, glad to see you back in action and hope you are feeling better today.
Don't get overdoing it, as if!
Oh nearly forgot, the cards are fabulous and I must check out that tute.
Hugs, Pat xx

Marion said...

Wow Jacqui. 3 fabulous cards and colouring is fantastic on all of them Love the card holder tutorial. Will go now and look at it and may try this one out. Glad your migraine has gone. Have a good day.
hugs
Marion

Helene said...

Wow Jacqui, what a great job!!!
I especially like the holder card, the papers are so gorgeous!!!

Hugs
Hélène

Donna said...

Fabulous cards Jacqui, good to hear your migraine has gone now, hope it stays away too, so you can enjoy your day. Love all the cards you've done and I will check out your tutorial in a bit. I hope you don't mind that I've nicked your WOJ card to display on my two blogs. It's gorgeous.
hugs
Donna xx

Suzanne said...

Hi Jacqui. Hope you feel better today. 3 fantastic cards. Ilove the WOJ one - papers are gorgeous although, all 3 cards are fab
Hugs
Suzanne x

Sew This N That said...

glad you are feeling better today Jacqui, boy it doesn't take you long to catch up lol.
Beautiful cards as always hun :0)
*hugs* Heather x

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwww Jacqui,What a BEAUTIFUL cards,i love your images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and details.

Hugs Riet.xx

heidy said...

Wow Jacqui,3 fabulous cards,all too gorgeous.
Hugs Heidy

Trudy said...

Wow this is absolutely beautiful!!!
Hugs Trudy

Mandy said...

Wow hun these are all beautiful, everything perfect as always and a joy to gaze at.
I hope you are feeling much better today, I had my first migraine for years last week and had forgot how quite how awful they are and how they leave you feeling wiped out
hugs Mandy xx

Anne said...

Gorgeous cards Jacqui Meow love the catgirl image glad your Migraines gone was on the phone to Meg this morning hopefull we'll be in the same group
Anne xx

Kreativmonster said...

Good to have you back again!

Wow, Jacqui, the first card fullfills all my "favourites". I love the colour-combo, I love sketches, the colouring is great, the materials are perfect - I love this card!
The Manga-image is not to my taste, but the card is very pretty, too. The card with the guy is great because of the inside.

cheryl said...

oh jacqui these are all so stunning,coluring is just brilliant,love all the images detail wow hugs cheryl xxxx

Nannieflash said...

Wow Jacqui, youve certainly caught up with yourself, I do so hope your migraine is gone, I suffer from them as well, but if I can catch them earlier enough when I get the aura I can afford the headache, not the disturbed vision though.
Fabulous and beautiful cards I think your talent is overflowing at the moment they are all stunning. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Danielle said...

Hope you're feeling better now Jacqui! These 3 cards are gorgeous - I love that WOJ cure holder - so cute!
Hugs, Danielle

Toni Hughes said...

Gorgeous cards Jacqui really like the manga card so bright and fresh hugs Toni

Debbie said...

Hi Jacqui,What fabulous inspiration,Thanks for sharing,Hugs Debbie x

Donna said...

Stunning cards Jacqui...I love your cat girl card...congratulations on your win :) Donna x

Maria Therese said...

I just love all of the cards!!

Jane said...

Stunning cards hun and I loved your tutorial!! Thanks for stopping by my blog today, it really means a lot! hugs, Jane xxx

Mina said...

oh no Jacqui I hope your migraine is well and truly gone...I hate them dont you...wow have you been busy what amazing creation, I so love the little pussycat girl shes such a sweetie
Mina xxx

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Fab cards!

xoxo,
Lori

Melodie said...

OMG, what beautiful works. That was something I could not even without migraine *lol*.
Hugs
Melodie

Kelly Schelske said...

You've been busy!! They are all fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...