Sunday 24 July 2011

5 hours to go and counting!!!!!!

Well Peeps thats come around quickly there is now only 5 hours to go before you can get you hands on the lovely new Lili of the Valley Christmas Release, they go on sale at MIDNIGHT tonight.  As well as giving me  chance to show you my last sneak peek it has also allowed me to show off my NEW LOVE Crafters Companion Spectrum Noir marker pens.  Read on to hear my thoughts on these awesome pens

IMG_0590 

Being a Granma to 7 boys this has to be my favourite image from the new release it is called “Ski Jump”.  The papers used at from Nitwits Collection Simple Joys, I have run green card through the Cuttlebug in the Snowflake  embossing  folder.  The Christmas tree is a die cut from Mariannes Designs and is available from Crafts U Love, and the border is a border punch from Martha Stewart I have glittered the tree and border with Glamour Dust.  The sentiment which I have attached with staples is from Lili of the Valley  A5 Verse Sheet   set 10.

IMG_0591

This is the first card I have made using Spectrum Noir Markers and I cannot praise them highly enough, the colours are selected to all be tonally compatible this helps so much when trying to choose colours and they just seem to flow with ease,  although the nib is a bullet nib, as in ProMarkers,  it is longer and easier to get into those hard to colour places.  At a cost of £6.99 for a pack of matching coloured pens the price cannot be beaten and they have the added advantage of being refillable.  There are 168 colours in all and that will be all your need as they match so well, I think this comes from them being chosen by and for Crafters rather than Graphic Artists. You will be seeing lots of my cards coloured with Spectrum Noir’s from now on.

Colours used :

Flesh: 142 – Pale Cream, 133 – Baby Skin Pink, 132 – Milky White, 135 – Pale Cherry Pink  FROM SKIN TONES SET

Scarf, Boots & Trouser: 91 – Natural Oak, 96 – Mahogony  (FROM BROWN SET) 142  - Pale Cream,  42 – Bronze Green, 175 Lime Green (GREEN SET)

Jumper: 142 – 109 – Pearl White (FROM ESSENTIALS SET) 142 – Pale Cream

Dog: 91 – Natural Oak, 142 Pale Cream,  Dogs Jumper: R11- Carmine, 12 – Coral Red (FROM REDS SET)

Snow and Skis: – CG3, CG1, CG0.5  (FROM GOOL GREYS SET)

Hugs

Jacqui xxx

 

24 comments:

Elaine said...

Another gorgeous card Jacqui and a fun, fab image.
I can only colour with DI's..as you know, I followed your excellent tutorial to learn how to use the DI's..but then having seen these new pens I have ordered some just to play with to see how I go, fingers crossed I can colour with them then I'll be ordering the rest.

Love Elaine xxx

NGCARDS said...

Fabulous card hun and I love that image! xxx

Jill said...

Gorgeous card and I love your colouring!
The image is so sweet
Have a nice evening
Jill

Zora said...

I love this winter image and you are great at coloring!!

Sue said...

Hi hun
aww as ever a totally gorgeous card, beautiful iamge & colouring, lovely design, sue,x

THERESA said...

Love the card, your coloring is stunning, have seen these mentioned a few times these last couple of days, $6.99 is how many pens??
Anyways, the postage to South Africa( if they post to us,lol) is so much, does not really pay for me to do it, and with us so behind......hehehe, they most prob will only feature here in about 2015....lol
lotsa luv
ps:: all the new releases are absolute gorjuss!!

Jude said...

Beautiful card Jacqui. I love that image!

Jx

Becky Dunham said...

Oh Jacqui! i love this card - the colors - all that lovely green! Just love love love it! I am going to go check out those markers - i don't own any markers - I use Prismacolor pencils - but have been dying to find some I could afford :) Thanks for sharing this dreamy creation!

lin70 said...

HI Hun, lovely card and lovely colours. Gorgeous image as ever from LOTV.
Big Hugs
Lin
XXXXXX

cheryl said...

oh wow this is just stunning hun just love that image,and your detail and coloring is just brilliant,hugs cheryl xxx

Sandra H said...

Only 50mins to go :) Sandra H

Paula (PEP) said...

These look amazing & I just jumped straight in to the launch offer (blowing all my Craft Allowance in one go) - I've got both Copics & ProMarkers but struggle with working out which ones to use together. Hoping I can transfer what I learn with these to using the PMs & Copics as I'm determined to get my head round using alcohol markers. Great that the sets don't duplicate between each other - these look so well thought out in terms of Crafters & I do like the idea that they won't roll around & that the ends of the caps are marked with the numbers. Looking forward to their arrival & hopefully will get the remaining sets ASAP funds allow. Very exciting indeed & looking forward to seeing your creations.
Paula (PEP)

Paula (PEP) said...

PS - You (& Bev) were amongst my first finds in blogland 18 months ago. I've been watching for your first post using these as Crafters Companion was one of the two companies responsible for me starting to learn to colour realistically.
Thank you for all your hard work & inspiration.

Creations by Shirl said...

luv the image and great color choices...very pretty card!

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous stamp and card jacqui.

greetings karin

Riet said...

So wonderful card Jacqui,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card Jacqui, love the image and papers.
So who stayed up till midnight then Oh that would be me!
luv
Debby

bluebell-flowerwood said...

hi jacqui.nice card today love the colours. i have just ordered this stamp this morning, as i saw bev had done one eirler,love bluebell-flowerwood x.

.:♥Marit Pettinga-Meijer♥:. said...

Awesome card Jacqui!!! And amazing colouring with your new pens!!!
Hugs, Marit.
..:: xXx ::..

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card and sweet image. :)

bluebell-flowerwood said...

hi jacqui, just to say that i have just got some of the pens that you have mentioned from the hobby house my local craft shop,and i got on very well with them,good price to lovebluebell-flowerwood x.

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

What a gorgeous christmas card Jacqui, wonderful colours and a pretty image.
Hugs Jacqueline

Diane said...

This is another great card, Jacqui and a prefect image for your boys! The colours are lovely!
Diane x

Wendy said...

I can't wait to try them I have just bought the whole set from create and craft well all the ones they had in stock been searching around for the ones I couldn't get can't wait to use them I love the effect they give your coluring is stunning


Wendy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...