Wednesday 11 January 2012

An eventful day

Morning Peeps, sorry for my lack of post yesterday (my resolution broken within 10 days not good), as you all know I only have one brain cell which gets me into deep doo-doo sometimes, well I have actually excelled myself, I forgot to re-new my Passport, which I will require at the end of the month.  To ensure I got the Passport back in time for my trip, I had to go to the Passport Office in London to fast track it, and take with me  Old Passport, New Photos and completed form, now unbelievably I managed to gather everything I needed and even reach Global House, Victoria without any mishaps, just one tiny problem my Photos were not good enough, although they had previously been checked at The Post Office, I had a tiny strand of hair over the very corner of my eyelid, so had to have another photo taken, they have a photo booth in the Passport Office, but you have to use 5 £1 coins or a £5 note neither of which I had,  to make it worse if you left the Passport Office to get change you had to make a new appointment which would not be for the same day !!!!!!!!!!!, can you imagine me running around asking all these poor people if they had coins or £5 note in exchange for a £10 note I got so desperate that I even said if they only had £5 they could keep the change.   A lovely security guard came to my rescue so I then went to the booth to get my photo taken, there was a long queue, obviously I was not the only one who's photo didn’t fit, after queuing for about 15 minutes  I got in to the booth sat down and composed my face, No Smile, Look Forward, Hair out of Eyes you know the drill,  you get a face map as to where your eyes must be, would you believe the seat was too low and I couldn’t get my eyes to reach the correct height, the up and down bar on the seat was not working, so I ended up sitting on my handbag and Coat.   After about an hour I finally completed my application and my Passport should be with me in 7 days.

The rest of the day went really well, I had taken my No 3 son James with me to London for company as we were walking down Victoria Street we saw the funniest thing I have seen in ages, a drunken tramp had found a 6ft Christmas Tree from somewhere and had decided to wear it!! his head was right in the middle of the tree, all you could see was a Christmas tree with legs. he obviously couldn’t see and was walking into bollards, walls and traffic lights, you never see people smile in London they are always rushing to get somewhere but this had people smiling and laughing out loud, James took a video which he will be putting on U Tube and a couple of stills I will add one on here as soon as he sends it to me, you really have to see it to appreciate how funny it was. We ended up meeting my No 1 son Matthew from his work at Canary Wharf and went to Carluccis for a fab Italian meal, my suggestion of going Ice Skating on the Canary Wharf Ice rink went down like a lead balloon.

After all this I did not have time to make a card yesterday so I am going to post some more of my DT cards for the new Crafters Companion Strawberry Kisses Stamps and CD Release:

010

015

018

These have all been coloured on Neenah Classic Card with Spectrum Noirs, (sorry I sent the colours off with the cards and forgot to make a note), the papers and sentiments are all from the CD.

Have a good day and I hope I haven’t bored you with my London trip

Hugs

Jacs xxx

 

22 comments:

May said...

wow, you must be sooo tired after your eventful trip to London, I will be looking out for that walking christmas tree (lol) the cards are beautiful x x Hugs May x x

Marcea said...

oh my word, this could only happen to you lol. Glad you managed to get it all sorted out and that you all managed to have a giggle too. Gorgeous cards sweetie xxx

Pami said...

Oh Jacqui I know it was probably very stressful at the time but your story did make me laugh!! Especially the bit about sitting on your bag and coat to get to the right height!! Your cards are fabulous! Pami x

Turtle In The Sand said...

What an adventure. Sounds like a movie script. I can't wait to see the picture of the walking Christmas tree. Linda

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

ROFLOL Bert is sitting here shaking his head saying only Jacqui......lol..I have visions of you running around any old change please.....hope you had your new hat on to keep you warm :O)

Fabulous creations...loving this new range such cuteness :O)

Mwah......

Ali x

P.S Booked Craftaganza.....squeal!!!!

Unknown said...

I love these images - they are so cute and you made some beautiful cards :) My favourite is the doggie on the suitcase.
Celestial Things

Lisa said...

Oh Jacqui why am I not surprised lol! Only joking ... this is the sort of thing that happens to me! Hope you enjoyed the rest of the day in London with your sons.

Lisa x

PS: Gorgeous cards :-)

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Di said...

Sorry chick, this had me laughing out loud - especially the coat and handbag trick! Do warn me next time you intend heading for London please - I'll follow you for the laughs :)) Di xx

Linda . J said...

Oh wow Jacqui you must have been in a tis with passport running out and what a going on to get it right again but it did make me laugh about the walking tree, so funny.
Beautiful card love the colours and your gorgeous design, it looks terrific.
Hugs Linda

julie_woolston said...

Oh Jacqui you have me lol here what a day for you hun, I'm not surprised you didn't get to post any cards yesterday.
The cards you have posted are all gorgeous.

Hugs Julie x

Nannieflash said...

HI Jackie sounds as if you had fun yesterday but glad to hear you actually managed to get your Passport sorted. Fabulous set of cards love them all. hugs Shirleyxx

The Stamp Basket said...

So glad the rest of your day made up for your eventful trip to the Passport Office! Hugs, Janet xx

PatR said...

Oh Jacs, you certainly had a day of it. Bet you enjoyed the day though with your boys and the Christmas tree LOL. Bet it's lifted your low mood, well I hope it did. Big hugs xxx

The Craft Bucket said...

Wow what a day, love these stamps and have ordered some today from Crafters Companion, can't wait. Great samples, Jane x

Sandra H said...

Hi Jacqui, Stunning :) Sandra H

Ribbon Girl said...

oh no! so glad you got it sorted - do you not think they do it on purpose so you have to spend even more money on another photo? At least you can use the same pic when you renew your driving licence photograph when it runs out, if its within 5 years of your new passport photo and then they only charge you £20!! hugs Mary G x

Little K Smith said...

Gorgeous cards Jacqui, I adore the sweet images and I'm glad your day got better than it started! :D
Kelly.x

Kelly Schelske said...

What an adventurous day!!

Gorgeous card Jacqui, they are all really wonderful!

thecraftycavalier said...

Oh Jacqui! So glad it's not just me who forgets things of vital importance!! Glad you sorted it out. Stunning cards. Big fairy hugs, Jayne x

Rach said...

Bless you Jac, I am glad that all was sorted in the end and that you will get your new passport soon. loving the cards that you have made hun, flabby images.xxx

PeeJay said...

Ooops! I did a check and send passport renewal at the PO a couple of weeks before Christmas. They rejected my first form as a tidgy, tiny bit of the tail of my signature hit the border of the signature box. Filled in another, they sent it off for me and I got my new passport, by courier, 6 days later. At PO on the Friday and passport arrived the following Thursday. Soooo surprised, especially as it was so close to Christmas as well.
Hope yours arrives even quicker as you hand delivered your application.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...