Wednesday 28 November 2012

A Couple of new Projects

Hi Peeps, today I have a couple of projects I have been working on since I came back from the Crafters Companion  Craftaganza at the weekend.  The first is a take on a card design from Sara’s Saturday class, we actually made an A4 card in the class but as soon as I saw it I was sure it could be resized to 6x6, so after faffing about here it is:

T1

Now I know you are thinking what's so special about that but be patient there is a little surprise there for you,   The Papers are by Maja Designs I think they were last years so not sure if you can still get them.   The sweet Tilda from this years Christmas Collection has been coloured with Copics. 

t3

I have made an edge around the side of the card with a Martha Stewart Punch, and used another punch for the Snowflake which I them embossed with Frant-age Ivory Aged Embossing Enamel , the Poinsettia was made with Spellbinders Poinsettia Die, which was distressed with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and has Gold Crushed Glass Glitter add to the middle, all available from J & C Creations.

t4 

Ribbons, Gold Twine and Small Berries are all from The Ribbon Girl, The large round sentiment is another Magnolia Stamp, the little tag is by Lili of the Valley, The Tag is a Doo Hickey Die

Now for the surprise.

t5

I am not sure what you would call this type of card, so I am going to name it he Magic Shutter Card the snowflake in the centre is a Magnolia Stamp which has been glittered with Crystal Glamour Dust and I have add a self adhesive Gem to the centre of the card, this is the card open, I wish you could see it in real life as I cannot take a photo of the inside with the Shutter Closed.

t7

And this is it half open, when you first open it up the shutters are completely closed no sign of the Magnolia Snowflake.  I loved making this card.

Now for the next project, this month on the J & C Creations Designs to Inspire Blog we have been showcasing Spellbinders Dies and for the final we are all making something a little bit different, I had some fabby Crackers from Which Craft which I thought I would decorate.  Full details of Dies used etc will be on the J & C Creations Designs to Inspire Blog at about midday, got to upload it first Smile

crack1

Thanks for looking, have a great crafty day

Hugs

Jacs xxxxxx

12 comments:

Helene said...

Your card is gorgeous, I love the colors and this Tilda is so sweet.
I love card with little surprises like that :-)

Caroline said...

WOW this is gorgeous love it. Caroline xxx

Brigitte said...

WOW, this is so clever!!!! Love your card inside and out! Hugs, brigitte

Christina C. said...

WOW....such an incredible work of art!!!!!

julie_woolston said...

Wow Jacqui gorgeous creations, love the card how it opens to reveal the snowflake, and the crackers are gorgeous, what brilliant ideas.

Hugs Julie x

Sue said...

WOW"!!!!! Such an amazing card Jacqui. I LOVE that design and the colours and details are gorgeous. I now need to hunt for a tutorial as I'd love the try one of these, it just is so special.
I love those crackers too.

hugs Sue

Riet said...

This is so wonderful Jacqui.

Hugs Riet.xx

ribenaruby said...

Hi Jacqui, what fab intricate projects! The magic shutter idea is a brilliant one..so clever..enjoy a fab evening! Ruby x

Sandra H said...

Wow Jacqui Totally stunning xx

Dorte said...

Amazing!!
hugs Dorte

Turtle In The Sand said...

Absolutely stunning. I am trying to figure out how this works. Do you have dimensions or a tutorial you can refer me to? It is beautiful and the DP just adds to the mystery.

Denise Goeldner said...

Love the desing of your card have never seen anything like it the card is gorgeous anything Magnolia I Love, I like how it opens inside too. Any chance of a tutorial love to give it ago. Hugs Denise xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...