Friday 20 June 2008

A Mistake

Oh dear I am a silly billy, I was so excited this morning to receive my small order of Tildas, I couldn't wait to use them, I printed this weeks sketch from Stamp Something challenge and started to produce this card, it was only when I went to post it on the Challenge Blog that I found I had been working from the sketch horizontialy and not verticaly!!!!!. Decided to show you anyway, cos I love this stamp. Tilda is on a day out in Margate and has decided to dip her toes in the water, its a bit cold but she is enjoying it, at least the sun is shining. For those of you waiting for an update on Tilda and Edwins fall out, Tilda has forgiven Edwin but he has had to promise not to do so much fishing. Tilda was coloured with Distress inks and H2O's and the Dp are Basic Grey, I used my new mini sewing machine for the first time on this card. the Ribbon is from Poppicraf, flowers from Joanna Sheen, Beads in the centre of the flowers, sentiment and starfish brad are from my stash. TFL off to do the proper sketch now

16 comments:

Rach said...

Jacqui, this is geourgous, I tend to rotate the sketches to what work for my image...am i doing wrong...oopsie!
Well done you for using your new sewing machine...and a brilliant job too.
I'm so glad that Tilda managed to forgive Edwin...
hugs Rach.xx

Tabitha said...

Very pretty I love all the different elements you used!

Too funny you did the sketch the wrong well, oh well you got a great looking card out of it!!

Dawn said...

Jacqui she is a cute stamp for sure. Really like the colours and the papers

Dawn Wheeler said...

Dont worry it still looks gorgeous ,fantasic image and papers .Dawnx

Heather said...

another really cute tilda! I love the colours and paper choice with this card - its great. would never have known you'd got the layout wrong - it looks good to me! :)
Heather

InkyAndScrappy said...

I think it turned out perfect. Love the new tilda-- still need to get me some of those.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

This is just gorgeous Jacqui, I love the cute stamp and coloured so beautifully, Fabulous papers too and a great job with your sewing machine. I'm sure you won't be that interested but I was born in Margate, and will be visiting my Nan and Grandad on Sunday who live in Ramsgate, Have a great weekend, Hugs, Nikki x

kes said...

Well I think it is just fab whatever way it is supposed to go :)
Kes
x

Kathy said...

This turned out adorable!! That image is to cute and I love your colors and papers!!
(I too changed the layout! I had to flip it to fit my longer image!! I think it is alright as long as you use the sketch!!)

Hannah said...

wow love the card i love the brad and the image is great with the card.

nessy said...

gorgeous card,jacqui ~just love those colours!!
you have made me laugh, sketch upside down /round the wrong way ~what ever next??? looks fab ,just how it is!!
vanessa xx

craft mad Jenny said...

what a(nother) lovely card that you've made,
jen

Sue Shaw said...

Hi Your card is gorgeous - I adore the Tilda stamp and your colouring is perfect.
Great blog!!
Sue. x

jo said...

oh its just stunnng, i love the layout huggs jo x

Annie said...

I'm loving this paddling Tilda - mind you it would be a bit chilly at Margate this weekend! Pretty papers too and fab stitching with the machine!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card - I love this Tilda! Great colours too.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...