Saturday 3 October 2009

Autumn Birthday




We have another fabulous challenge for you this week and it is rather fitting the weather we have been having recently....

AUTUMN BREEZES

As always you can create a card....altered art..bag...notebook...scrapbook layout...etc ...the only RULE being that you use at least one Penny Black image or sentiment.
If you don't have any Autumny Penny Blacks......don't worry....just go with autumn colours
And we have a fabulous prize for one lucky winner this week very generously donated by our lovely teamie CAROLE



I thought I was going to be stuck on this one as I don't own an even remotely autumnal Penny Black, but after I had chosen to use these delicious Bo Bunny Paper from The Hobby House, this vintage PB Xmas stamp showed promise, and I must admit I am pleased with the result. I have used copics to colour the image (and have just realised I have left a little square on the blue balloon uncoloured, Doh!!). I have mounted all the papers and image onto dark brown card, the leaves have been punched with a MS Branch Punch from the same card. I am not sure where the large flower came from, the spacer and pearl brad didn't really match the flower very well so I coloured both with a dark brown copic.



Don't forget to pop over to Whiff of Joy challenge Blog at 11am this morning to start our Whiff of Joy Birthday Blog Hop, the DT are all offering a little Candy of their own on the Hop and Katharina has donated a fantastic prize for one lucky winner. Hope to see you at 11am.

Thanks for looking
Hugs
Jacqui xx

29 comments:

Anne H. said...

Your card is gorgeous!
A lovely image and I love the colorcombination!
Hugs, Anne -:)

Susie Sugar said...

What a lovely colourful card Jacqui love the papers too
Hugs Susie xx

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

What a Delicious card Jacqui ;) love the papers!!

hugs Ria

Paula said...

This is fabulous Jacqui those papers are so lovely and the image is so sweet.
Paula xxxx

Jane said...

Oh Jacqui this is gorgeous, I love this image so much! Wonderful colours and details too! hugs, Jane x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, wonderful image and fab papers. I do believe I picked them up too.
luv
Debby

Anne said...

Gorgeous Jacqui love the image & fab colours. 11am today no i've got to go out can you's not change it for tomorrow lol will have to have a peek when i get back
Anne xx

Andie's Space said...

Hi Jacqui,
Love this! I have come to realise that I may have to stop visiting your blog. Only kidding!! It's just that practically all the stamps you use, I then want to buy for myself & it's going to get really expensive. Do you think my boys would mind if they got stamps for Xmas this year?! LOL!! Do you have the name of this stamp, I have admired it before & don't know how to start looking to see if it is available anywhere. Hope you are feeling a lot better now. Your cards certainly don't seem to be suffering!
Big hugs,
Andie xx

Trudy said...

Gorgeous Jacqui love the image and the fab colours.
Hugs Trudy

Mephisto said...

HI Dear,
thats a wonderful image and a nice Card with it :-)

Hugs
Domi

Chris said...

Hi Jacqui, hope you're well sweetie. Your card is gorgeous and I love that stamp! I bought it a while ago and I must use it more, it's so sweet. Your colouring is superb and I wouldn't have noticed the balloon if you hadn't said :D! Love the papers and the gorgeous embellishments too. Hope you have a good weekend. Hugs, Chris xx

Lynsey said...

Stunning card Jacqui! Love that cute image.
Hugs Lynsey:)

Rach said...

oooooo, delish colour combo sweetie.. love this image. hugs rachxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacqui!! WOWZER!! Oh my this is just as sweet as can be hun!! I adore your coloring!! HUGS

Lia said...

dear jaqcui,
wonderful card I love the autumn colors and your stamp is cute
hugs lia

Risa said...

Happy WCMD Jacqui!
Your card is gorgeous!
I love the rich autumn colors and your image is way too cute!
hugs
Risa:)

Donna said...

Absolutely stunning card Jacqui, beautiful papers and fab colouring hun :) Donna x

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Jacqui! Love the colors and the fun image!

Hugs, Kelly

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card Jacqui - love the vintage stamp and yummy colours. Hope you're having a great weekend ... and got the email I sent you re your reques this morning ;-)
pauline x

*Alison* said...

WOW.. once again.. you have out done yourself.. you are amazing.. :) I LOVE your card.. hugs www.stretchnbubbles.blogspot.com

Jilli said...

Gorgeous card as always Jacqui, love the colours and the beautiful image! mwah's Jillix

Sew This N That said...

oh hun I love that cute image you have used! Have you been dismantling your silk flowers again ;-) Beautiful card, I love it :0)
*hugs* Heather x

Nicola said...

Beautiful colouring on this super image Jacqui,your papers and details are so pretty.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Vanja said...

Beautiful Autumn card! I love the cute image and the colours.
Hugs, Vanja

Jo said...

Lovely card Jacqui, so cute!! Jo x

Marcea said...

Tooooooooooooooo cute hun, I love your image!!! Fab papers and yummy colouring you clever girl
Have a great weekend
-x-

Beth said...

This is so gorgeous Jacqui! I love the fabulous vintage image and the papers you've used! I hope you've had a nice weekend!

Beth xx

theneon said...

Great job on this one, Jacqui. So clever to use autumn colors on your image and to "custom color" your flower centers.

Mich said...

I find this such a beautiful stamp and you made an amazing card with it !!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...