Wednesday 21 October 2009


Whiff of Joy Challenge

Love all the die cuts you all used this week, what a wonderful variety!!! Loved them all. Thanks so much for joining us last week.

Just a reminder you have only a few days to get your pre order in for the Winter Stamp Kit. Make sure you get over to Whiff of Joy and get yours in. The kit will be out in a couple of weeks and Katharina has a card made with one of the new images from the release. Oh so pretty.

This week we have a wonderful sketch for you brought to you by our own Heather. And I know you all love her sketch's. So come and join us in this challenge this week. One lucky person will be picked to be Guest Designer with us for the month of November. So get those cards entered for you never know you may be the lucky person.

Just remember there is only 1 rule. You must use a Whiff of Joy Stamp to enter.



Father Christmas in PINK I hear you say!! but its only Coca Cola that says he has to be in RED so thought I would do my own thing and I quite like the result for a little girls Christmas Card. But I am not sure that the blue backing paper is quite right, the lighting in my craft room is not 100%, I am in the attic and only have 1 window so work by artificial light most of the time, the combination seemed to work until I put the card in front of the window this morning.

Anyway my cute Whiff of Joy Father Christmas has been coloured with Distress Inks, the papers are Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses, Nesties were used for the circles and flat back pearls added to make them more interesting. The snowflake which is difficult to see was punched once in Dark Red card and Once in acetate, then Twinklets was added to the acetate one. The pearl brad has been coloured to match the design with copics.


Recipe:
Stamps - Whiff of Joy , Sentiment Penny Black
Papers - Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses
Colouring medium - Distress Inks Tattered Rose Tea Dye Worn Lipstick Broken China Weathered Wood Peeled Paint Spiced Marmalade.


Thanks for looking
Hugs
Jacqui xx

37 comments:

Debbie said...

Beautiful card Jacqui,Your colouring is Gorgeous as ever,Hugs Debbie x

Frazzled Crafts said...

Why not have Santa in pink, it's just a fab card love the colouring, superb quality AGAIN! Liz x

Ali Watson said...

This is scrummy Jacqui, love your colouring with the ditress inks is fab.

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Super cute and beautiful.
Hugs Jacqueline

Trudy said...

Jacqui this is beautiful, such a sweet image and beautiful papers.
Hugs Trudy

Nilla said...

Stunning card, Jacqui! Love the pink Santa! Just finished my card for this challenge, coming soon! Hugs Nilla

Tara said...

Santa in pink....... PERFECT!!! This is so pretty Jacqui and would so appeal to a little girl, love it!
Hugs Tara xx

Kreativmonster said...

I love this card! Everything is so fine, so delicious! And I am especially fond of the colouring! My husband gave me a strange look when he saw me colouring Santa in a much pinker pink than you did some days ago, but I like it! Hope I will soon find the time to make a coard with it!

Joey said...

lol Jacqui, last year I coloured father christmas every single colour I think! and it worked, pink really suits him on this card, gorgeous papers. Joey.xxx

Margreet said...

I love your pink Santa, Jacqui...your colouring is fantastic!
xxx Margreet

Mina said...

oh wow a pink santa, a perfect christmas card for me lol...stunning Jacqui, love the beautiful colouring
Mina xxx

MarkerGeek said...

Gorgeous, Jacqui!

Dena said...

Oh Jacqui, he looks wonderful in pink!!!! It's a very pretty look. Of course those BG papers are just to die for gorgeous! Hope you are having a wonderful week so far!
Hugs, Dena

Michele Spera said...

Lovely card Jacqui:-) I love father christmas!! DP are perfect for him and I love the distressed ink coloring:-)
really nice job
XmicheleX

Lesley Edmonds said...

I like pink! fab card Jacqui. Amazing colouring!
Lesley x

Steph said...

Fabulous, Jacqui! i love your thinking with the pink!

Crystal said...

Beautiful Jacqui......WOW!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so gorgeous Jacqui!! Love your soft coloring with the distress inks, layout and that gorgeous dp!! I think that dp is my fave of all the Christmas paper out there.
hugs,
Chris

Jane said...

This is so cute Jacqui! I think Father Christmas looks great in pink! Love your gorgeous papers and snowflakes too! hugs, Jane x

Giò said...

Ohhh Jacqui!!! I love your Santa in pink, it is so amazing!!! I like so much your coloring :)

Hugs
Giò

Murielle said...

OH...Jacqui your card and your santa is fantastic!!!
Lovely colour pink.
hugs, Mumur

Annacarin said...

Hi, this card are fabulous, all cards are just wonderful!
I haven't been here in a while, but now I have more time for ''cyber space''...
Thanks for all inspiration!
Have a great day, Annacarin

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, lovely soft colouring of your image and lovely papers. Anesha :-)

Dragonlady said...

Hi Jacqui,

Fabulous card and love all the pearls.

Hugs Ali x

Nicola said...

Ooh Santa looks fab in pink and your papers are so pretty. Love your snowflake and pearl detail Jacqui.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Jo said...

Two beautiful cards Jacqui and I think Santa looks amazing in Pink!!! Jo x

Andie's Space said...

Hi Jacqui,
Your Santa looks so lovely. So soft & snuggly!
Hugs,
Andie xx

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Jacqui!! xx

Danni said...

I love how you colored this!! What a wonderful card!

theneon said...

Santa is perfect in pink! A delightful card.

Kathy said...

Well I for one think he is fabulous in pink!! I just adore this card!! The colors and papers are so pretty and I love what you did with that sketch!! Lovely!!
:)Kathy

Yvonne said...

Two beautiful cards.
The first one.. is just wonderful, love the image and you have coloured to perfection.

the second, oh my he is a lovely Santa, just stunning x

LOUISE said...

Another gorgeous card Jacqui. I love Santa in PINK, he's great. Lou x

Squirrel x said...

Oh Jacquie! This is superb, I love the delicateness (word?) of your colours. Simply stunning. Hugs, Squirrelxx

Vanja said...

Beautiful card, Jacqui! I just love the papers, fabulous colouring.
Hugs, Vanja

Jodie from Oz said...

Jacqui, Beautiful card, I love the soft pastel colours and the image is adorable. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Crafty Tam said...

Stunning card x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...