Saturday 2 April 2011

Friday Sketchers

sat5a

Happy Weekend everyone, I find it  really strange that after 4 years of retirement, I still look forward to the weekends, even though there is no difference in my daily schedule
and if it wasn’t for the different challenges and Dt cards I am sure I wouldn’t even know what day of the week it was Winking smile.    Sunday is Mothers Day here in the UK , and although my 2 eldest sons are away on their annual Fishing Trip to France (Hope Matthew catches a few more fish than he did last year, the only one he caught last year was the record breaking 44lb Carp, whilst Richard was catching them every day on a regular basis and he had the next swim to Matthew) my two youngest boys James and Ben are treating me to a Lovely Mothers Day Lunch, it also means I will spend lots of lovely huggles time with the Grandchildren.

sat2

I used one of my Older Sarah Kay stamps for this card, and coloured the image with Copics, and have used the sketch from this weeks Friday Sketchers Challenge, thank you girls it is a great sketch.  The lovely embossed and glittered paper is from the 12x12 K&Co Winter Wonderland Pad.

sat3

The Large rose is from Craft Fairy and cherry blossom from Wild Orchid Crafts, I think I bought the gold twiggy things from our local C&H Fabrics, whilst punching the leaves my Martha Stewart punch broke, this is the 3rd MS branch punch that has died on me, has anyone else had the same problem, I decided I was not going to buy another one but this morning have realised just how much I use it so I expect I will trawl the websites today to get one.

sat4

The Copics used to colour the image
E00, E01, E11, E13, R20
R11, R21, R22, R35
G82, G85, G94, BG99
E53, E51, E50

Just a quick reminder did you know that First Class Stamp will cost 5p more on Monday, but if  you still have some 1st class stamps you will still be able to use them as there is no price on them, it was recommended on BBC Breakfast this morning that you buy as many stamps as you can today.

THIS CARD ALONG WITH 3 OTHERS I HAVE POSTED THIS WEEK ARE AVAILABLE FOR SALE ON MY E-BAY SITE

To all those lovely Mums out there have a fabulous day tomorrow
Hugs
Jacqui xxx

30 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous image, must get out some of my old ones, beautifully coloured and presented as always and enjoy your Mother's Day, my husband is at his fishing Match today and hope he improves on his last match too
Hugs Kate x

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Jacqui. Love the colours on this and those papers are divine. Gorgeous deets too.
Have a fab weekend,
Hugs
Cathy xx

Donalda said...

Oh this is just breath taking dear. I so love those papers dear and your coloring is beautiful as always. I do hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day dear.
I hear you on the MS punch. I have my branch punch that has bit the dust and I need to get another as much as I use it that is for sure.
Have a great weekend dear

Chris said...

Hi Jacqui and LOL re the days of the week :D! I love your card and your beautiful colouring and design, absolutely exquisite. I have had a couple of MS punches that broke but not that one in particular so far luckily, good look finding a new one. Have a wonderful Mother's Day and hope to see you sometime this year :). Hugs, Chris xxx

Ribbon Girl said...

Love your Sara Kay card - you are so blessed with all those boys Jacqui! - I love my branch punch, use it all the time and home it doesn't go the same way as yours - have a wonderful Mothers day with all your grandchildren. Mary G x

Kirsty said...

Hi Hope you have a wonderful Sunday wwith your family I think its just great to treat your mum as I will be doing :D. I am waiting for postie to bring me my first Sarah Kay stamps as I first saw them on your blog. They are beautiful. The colours in this project are stunning as with your layout. I thought my MS punch had broke but it I kept pressing forever lol and it is now working again ! Thanks for the inspiration Kitty :)

Janette said...

Hope you have a fab Mothers Day, sounds good already...

Your card is so brilliant, the colouring is perfect, do love it..
as for the Stamp prices rising, no wonder business is bad at the P.O. ENJOY YOUR WEEK-END.XX

Pop's Cards said...

This is gorgeous sweetie, a really gorgeous creation, i hope you have a fab weekend, my cheeky hubby wants me to make my own crads, how very rude!! big hugs love pops x x x

Marion said...

Hi Jacqui, Another gorgeous card and image. Just love those papers and colour combo. Have a lovely lunch out with the family tomorrow.
If you can't get the MS punch there is a McGill punch which is called Pine which looks the same to me. I have this one.
hugs
Marion

kelly said...

Jacqui,this is so beautiful.I adore the image and are in love with the papers.
Thanks for the heads up on stamps.
Have a great Mother`s day tomorrow.

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow jacqui this is gorgeous, the image and the card.
beautiful colors and coloring.

greetings karin

Debbie said...

I don't know where to begin to say how much I love this card. The papers are just so warm and rich and that image is colored to perfection.

Enjoy your Mother's Day
Hugs
Debbie

yvon said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card. Love the image and your coloring. And those flowers......hmmmm soo beautiful.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs, Yvon

heidy said...

Gorgeous card Jacqui
Hugs Heidy

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Beautiful image, colours and gorgeous papers, you do pick some wonderful colours. Have a lovely weekend, hope to see you next week, hugs Heidi xx

Hanna said...

Jacqui, this is such a masterpiece creation! Totally gorgeous, with amazing colours and breathtaking details, you are talented for sure! Love your design, too beautiful for words!

Have a wonderful weekend! :o)
hugs,
Hanna

Donna said...

Stunning card Jacqui. Hugs Donna x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous image and gorgeous colours, love it!
Helen x

Jean said...

Wow you have been a busy girl uploading to SCS many many great cards. Beautiful work. Have a great Mother's Day with the kids and grandkids.

Niki Estes said...

Just beautiful, Jacqui! I love those colors, papers and flowers!

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
as ever a totally gorgeous card, beautiful image & colouring, pretty papers & embelies, sue,x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Jacqui, love the image and the papers. I have a MS doily punch that has broken, got if from USA so can't even return it. Ah well!!

Hugs, Barbara xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Beautiful papers, beautiful colour work, beautiful card! Hugs, Lesley

Marie-Anne said...

What a gorgeous card.

Marie-Anne

Jo Austin said...

Beautiful Jacqui.

Leaves - yes, I had a leaf punch by MS that kept breaking, but haven't got another. I got myself a couple of Lee-Em punches and they are great but quite firm.

However... did you know that Stampin Up have just bought out their mini catalogue and there is a die cut leafy design in there.. ? looks very similar..

Riet said...

So wonderful card Jacqui,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card Jacqui!...love these older Sarah Kay images...must dig mine back out.
Hope you have a fab Mothers Day.

Take care
San x

xxxtglxxx said...

this is just so beautiful. I have this image, and never used it yet (aint it a crime!)

Gorgeous, warm and just breathtaking.

hugs

xxalisonxx

Tasha said...

Oh what a beautiful card, fabulous colour work and the flowers are gorgeous, love the gold detail in the flowers
love tasha xx

Vick said...

Hiya Jacqui, love this card, its so vintagey, and thats definitely my genre....anyhow just wanted to let you know ive had the MS branch punch snap on me too, and if you have a cricut, i would do what i did and i bought the Storybook cart, it has a few different branch dies on it one very similar to the MS punch, just a thought, but thats what i did in the end as the cart has loads on it i use
hope you are ok
Vick xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...