Wednesday 6 April 2011

Out of the Box

Box2a

 

A week or so ago my lovely teamie Kathy from Lili of the Valley Design Team posted a stunning Exploding Box Tutorial on The Lili of the Valleys Ideas to Inspire blog and I have been dying to have a go at making one.  Mum was a bit down yesterday evening and didn’t want to go to bed so I decided to take a few crafting Bits downstairs and sit with her and encourage her to watch TV whilst I crafted on the dining room table, it has been a couple of years since I have actually done this.  I had already coloured this Fairy Friends Image from Lili of the Valley and had bought some Floral Sheets from the lovely Jak Heath at  Harrogate which I had been dying to have a go at so I decided to try making the box.

 

Box2

 

I think I will need a bit more practise until mine is as beautiful as Kathys but I am quite pleased with it, even though it looks a bit crowded with flowers.  I didn’t have all the floral dies that Kathy used so had to make do with what I had, the starting point was the flower in the middle of the box which is from the Flower Sheet designed by Jak Heath for La Pashe, there are some fabulous floral sheet to make lots of different 3d flowers in the set, I am going to get Mum ti have a go at cutting some out today will help her to make them up tonight, will let you see what she makes.

 

The Flowers are all punched with Small Floral Punches from The Hobby House, and Paper is from the Tilda Kitchen Garden Pad.

 

box3

 

I am not sure what colours I used as this image was coloured ages ago and never used.

 

box4

 

Here is the Closed Box , if you would like to have a go at making one of these gorgeous boxes you will find Kathys tutorial Here, it takes ages to make ( I started at 9.30pm and finished at 2.30am  last night) but it is well worth it.

 

box

 

Have a good day

Jacqui xxx

27 comments:

Joey said...

Hiya Jacqui

this is gorgeous, lovely details and beautiful colours. Hope your not to tired today.

Joey x

Sarah said...

Wow Jacqui, this is absolutely beautiful, love all the dimension and colours x

Renkata said...

wooowwwwzzaaa such a magical box.
Amazing details.

Kirsty said...

Hi wow the hours you have spent making this shows all the stunning details. I think it is really incredible all the flowers are arranged so perfectly. The colours and images are exquisite . Kitty :D

Debbie said...

This is stunning and definately was a labor of love and worth every second you put into it..Absolutley GOREGEOUS!!!!


Hugs
Debbie

Trudy said...

Hoi Jacqui,
This creation is gorgeous, lovely details and beautiful colours.
Hugs Trudy

Anne said...

Stunning piece of crafting Jacqui, it's beautiful
Anne x

cardmaking bird said...

Wow, this is soooooo beautiful!!! And I think all the flowers are perfect!! Thanks so much for sharing. Hugs, Marie xx

Magda said...

I admire all the work you did Jacqui !!
It's lovely !!
Have a nice day
Magda

Dorcas said...

Wow! Fantastic!!

Diane said...

This is just fabulous, Jacqui - I absolutely love it! It was worth all the time and work and thanks so much for the link back to the tutorial!
Diane x

Mandy's Magnolia cards said...

oh wooow i love it!
greetings, Mandy

Judi said...

Oh my goodness Jacqui, this is just exquisite! Love it!

Judi x

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow jacqui this is gorgeous.
what a project you did, what a lot of work all those little flowers.
and it is so colorful.
great job and box.

greetings karin

Debbie said...

How nice that you made this beautiful project while keeping your Mum company.I'm sure it cheered her up no end.Debbie x

Shirley N said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jacqui! Amazing creation!

Marie-Anne said...

What a gorgeous box. I love it a lot.

Marie-Anne

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Jacqui! It's so beautiful!
Hugs Jacqueline

TAM said...

I'm lost for words - this is soooo beautiful

Anonymous said...

Stunning, I can see why it took so long!
Helen x

Rachel F said...

You did a stunning job! Well done it is gorgeous.

cheryl said...

oh wow hun,this is just stunning,the coulrs the detail wow hun love it hugs cheryl xxxx

Christine L said...

Oooh that is soooo amazing and beautiful Jacqui - well done!
Hugs
Christine x

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Simply stunning! Love it

Ali x

Creative Card Crewe said...

Absolutely stunning work. Beautiful! x

SaraDavies said...

You should use your Ultimate Jac - it takes about 15 minutes to knock up an exploding box on that! Theres a tutorial on the Ultimate DVD - i'll have to give you one when I see you this weekend!

Sarah-Jane said...

Wonderful. Love the colours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...