Saturday 8 November 2008

Black and White Christmas - Penny Black Saturday Challenge


PENNY BLACK SATURDAY CHALLENGE

Sentiment Only

This week we thought we'd make it a little tricker and get you to think outside the box and get those brain cells working.

We'd like to see your creations with NO IMAGES !!!
Just a PB Sentiment Stamp.
There is a lovely Sentiment Stamp on offer this week so please come and join us. The new DT is well and truly up and running and they have made some fabulous and different cards for you this week, click Here to see their work and to find out more about this weeks challenge



Most of you who know me will be surprised to see a plain card, I do go for colour and embellie overload, but I do quite like this one and Tracie asked us to work out of our comfort zone. I have layered up Black BC, with Silver Mirror Card (which is not something I use very often) then embossed the Christmas Tree in the Cuttlebug Embossing folder. I have added self stick Red gems and silver stickles to the tree. The sentiment just called out to be cut into a triangle (tree shape) after matting onto more Silver Mirror card, I used 3d pads to attach to the corner and just finished off with the swirl ribbon.
The photo is not very good, going to have to find out how to photograph mirror card before I do another one like this.
I am now off to stamp some new rubba that arrived this morning, yes My Whiff of Joy stamps arrived half an hour ago he! he!. They even better IRL.

27 comments:

Annie said...

it's a stunner! fabulous embossed tree and love the bling! hugs, annie x

Debbie said...

Beautiful elegant card Jacqui, Hugs Debbie x

Marcea said...

Gorgeous card and I love the black and white - simple and elegant. That ribbon is delicious too!!!! Have fun with your new stamps - I had a peep at the shop and the new ones look gorgeous
-x-

Sue said...

wow this is fabulous, the embossing looks great,very elegant card :)

sue
xx

Crafting Diva said...

Hi Jacqui I saw this card on the Penny Black blog and thought it was wonderful it's so elegant, really classic design.

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow what an elegent card ,realy gorgeous xxxDawnxxhave a fab week end xxx

Pop's Cards said...

I love this card, stunning hun love Pops x x x

Rach said...

a stunning card sweetie, love the black and white, looks so elegant. Hugs rachxx

Liza said...

Fabulous card Jacqui.

Liza x

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous classy card jacqui .. and i love that ribbon! Have fun playing with your new stamps
Pauline x

Desire Fourie said...

This is lovely. The embossed tree is gorgeous and I love the sparkly embellishing of it. Warm regards

Donna said...

Fantastic card Jacquie, I love this folder and think it should be left quite plain, its beautiful on its own, very elegant. Have fun with you whiff of joy stamps you lucky thing lol. Donna x

Debbie said...

Beautiful card Jacqui, the embossed Christmas tree is fab. Really classy card. Debbie x

tracie said...

oh Jacqui this is stunning, love the embossed xmas tree and gorgeous ribbon - very elegant, I love it.
Have a great weekend hun
Hugs :)x

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card Jacqui...love your embossed tree....must get my folder out,nice bit of bling and a beautiful bow,
Take care
San x

Bev said...

Oh my goodness - You'll have me permanently on the floor woman! Just fell off me perch again. This is EXQUISITE!! Love the B&w scolour scheme - what a classy, elegant card!!

big hugs
Bev x

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card jacqui and love your embossed tree and the bling..know what you mean about mirror card..it's a nightmare to photograph
Hugs
kath
xxxxx

Oma said...

Very nice card Jacqui. I really like it.

Glennis said...

Very nice card, I like the embossing.
Greetings from new Zealand.

debby4000 said...

Stunning tree and love that sentiment.

Mephisto said...

Wow, thats so a great Card. Wonderful are the Colors you have choosen. That makes the Card so elegant!

Hugs
Domi

Desire Fourie said...

Teenage Lizzie is just gorgeous and you have coloured her beautifully. All the creations are just lovely ... and all definitely worthy of an afternoon's creativity. Warm regards

Carole said...

So elegant Jacqui..stunning in black and white.
Hugs
Carole :-)

LOUISE said...

Fab card Jacqui, love the embossed tree, and I like the way you have cut the sentiment too in the shape of a tree. Fab! Louise x

Dawn said...

I just love this tree - will have to dig my images out - I go them sent to me - ~I swapped images with a friend because we both had different CB folders!

Dawn

Anonymous said...

Stunning card Jacui i ove this folder. Alison x

Becky said...

Wow Jacqui!! I've just been admiring all your beautiful cards hon!! You are on a roll aren't you!! Gorgeous!! Love your classy card for this weeks challenge, loving embossing at the moment!!
Love Becky xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...