Sunday 2 November 2008

Magnolia Vs Stampavie and Cute Card Thursday


Magnolia vs Stampavie Challenge No 1

We have a sketch for the first challenge on Donnas new Blog, at Magnolia vs Stampavie. Hope all the regular Tilda & Co and Sarah Kay followers will join us on this new combined blog. The winners of the blog candy hunt have been posted on the blog so pop over HERE to check if you have been lucky and also to find details of this weeks challenge and the great examples from my fellow DT members. Donna has donated a fabulous prize this week a £20 voucher to spend in her great webstore Crafty Krafts so what are you waiting for



At last a card I am pleased with, I have had a really hetic and horrible time since Wednesday and have had to rush all my cards and projects since then, I am very unhappy with them and feel like taking them all off of the blog, I usually take a lot of time with my cards and like to have a perfect finish, and I know they havn't been up to standard so apologies.


Anyway back to this card, I have coloured the lovely Christmas Tilda with Copics, the backing papers are from the Making Memories Fa La La collection available from Crafts u Love, I have embossed the red card with the Snowflake Folder in the CB, The fancy red flowers are Prima and the poinsettias are from Poppicrafts. The little bead caps have Emerald Stickles added to the middle. Hope you like this one.




and now



Cheers - Cute Card Thursday and WOJ DT Card


The theme this week on Cute Card Thursday, is Cheers, I just love the challenges the girls at CCT come up with and try never to miss a week, Don't forget to pop over to the challenge blog and see the great cards from the DT.




Don't you just love this Charlie 007 from Whiff of Joy, what a great mans card it makes and just right for this challenge. It is my eldest son Matthews birthday next week and as he thinks of himself as "a man about town" I thought this would make a perfect card for him.
Charlie has been coloured with distress inks. The layout is an adaptation of one of Katharinas sketches which just seems to fit this image perfectly, I cut the image, a grey and a black oval with Nesties and layered them up, I used a Stempleglede swirl stamp on the edges of the image oval. The papers are Bohemia and Scarlet Letter, I have not got a plain corner die (anyone with suggestions of where to get one please), so had to make this corner by eye. The sentiment which is also a WOJ stamp has been embossed with Silver Embossing powder and cut with Nesties. Buttons from Stash.



I would like to take this chance to thank all the wonderful people that leave such lovely comments on here, when things are not so good these comments really give me a lift and mean so much, love you all. I will REALLY try to cath up with you all today, thanks again for sticking with me

39 comments:

Annie said...

two fabulous cards Jacqui, I love the little Tilda and James Bond is very suave! Quickutz make a plain corner die for the Squeeze - I got mine at Crafts-U-Love. hugs, annie x

Wendy said...

Two brilliant cards, the Tilda on the first one is so sweet
Wendy x

Andrea, said...

2 fab cards Jacqui, Tilda is so cute and I love the WOJ image. Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Sandra said...

Hi Jacqui,two fantastic cards again,love both...must come and join in with the new combined challenge,use some of my new Tilda's...
Thanks for letting me know i'm on Katharina's blog today...can you pinch me,am i dreaming?...i'm sooo shocked!!!
Take care
Sandra x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh Jacqui sweetie don't be so hard on yourself.. Your cards are also stunning and these two are certainly no exception. Tilda looks gorgeous and Charlie sure looks handsome! Love the papers and flowers on the first, Hugs, Nikki x

Anonymous said...

Fantastic cards!

Hugs
Tina

Donna said...

Jacqui, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself, both of these cards are absolutely stunning and I can't see any visible evidence that you have rushed them, they are fab and so are you :) Donna x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

I love both these cards. Charlie looks very dapper in black and white. I adore the centres of the blooms that you've added to the Tilda card. What a lovely thought, to thank your blog commenters. You are so right; the comments keep us all going when we're not feeling so good about ourselves, life or our cards. Hope you're feeling good today.
Sharon

Desire Fourie said...

These cards are lovely and I am glad you feel that you are getting into the groove again, because I thought you were in it all along. Warm regards

maddy hill said...

oh they are yummy cards ! love the tilda on music , fabulous Jacqui !

Dawn Wheeler said...

Two stunning cards ,please dont be be so hard on your self they are fabulous ,Dawnxxx

Sew This N That said...

Two fabulous cards Jacqui, lovely colouring :0)
**Hugs** Heather x

CraftyC said...

Fab cards again Jacqui, I could never fault your work and cant believe you would take them off, outs me to shame then (lol), have a good week!
Clairex

Chris said...

Fabulous cards Jacqui, I love them both and your colouring and papers are all so beautiful. I don't know why you think they aren't up to standard, your cards are always so beautiful. Hugs, Chris xxx

Jill said...

gorgeous cards Jacqui love the images and your beautiful colouring and those DP are yummy, love all the pretty flowers on the tilda card hugs Jill x

Cathy said...

Such gorgoeus cards. I lvoe Tilda, she sems so Chrsitmassy with all the red. Great papers and fab colouring as usual.
Hugs
Cathy xx
PS hope you have a better week, and Ellie has sent you a little something!!

Tara Godfrey said...

Jacqui, Your cards are beautiful! I love all you creations and I haven't noticed any of them to be anything but your usual high standard!!! Tilda and Charlie are looking fabulous!!! I love the sheet music background that is on your Tilda card. Thanks for sharing you fabulous work with us!!!! Hope this week is less hectic for you, hun!!!
Big Hugs, TaraG

Lesley said...

another 2 stunning cards....i love them both...luv n hugs Lesley xxx

Anne said...

Oooh Jacqui, gorgeous cards, I wish my good ones were as professional as your 'bad' ones! x

Caroline said...

gorgeous cards jacqui - I love mr suave and sophisticated - and tilda is so adorably cute xx

Jackie said...

I just love this card and all the others.
Jackie x

Michele Roos said...

Two gorgeous cards as always. Love the images and the colouring is beautiful. Michele x

mueppi said...

Hi Jacqqui
both cards are wonderful like always!!!
Hugs Gisela

Deb said...

gorgeous cards Jacqui, I especially love the sweet Tilda she is so sweet!

Jeanette said...

Your cards are both spectacular. I have to say that I love everything you make! It is always a delight to come to your blog and visit! I love the Tilda one and am regretting not ordering her! Have a great day! Hugs Jeanette

Bubbles said...

Gorgeous cards Jacqui, ALL of your cards ALWAYS are, don't be too hard on yourself.
Take care,
Joanne x

Chrissie said...

I love these cards Jacqui, that new Tilda is so cute! I ALWAYS love your creations and I just wish my attempts were anywhere near as good, so please try to see your cards the way that we all see them......FABULOUS!

Mel said...

Both your cards are fabulous, Tilda looks so cute ~ Mel

Bubbles said...

Hi Jacqui of course you can save the pumpkin picture I have on my blog. I saw it on someone's blog last year and saved it as I thought it was such fun! Waited a year to share it on my blog Lol.!
Hope things are well with you, take care,
Joanne x

Leann said...

Well I've just had a peek at the past weeks cards & I think they're all as beautiful as ever ~ so don't be so hard on yourself!
Biggest hugs x

Bridgett Owens said...

Awesome cards! I love them!!!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Renee said...

Darling cards! Love them both!

Sandra said...

Fabulous cards. I especially love the Christmas Tilda one.
Thank you so much for your kind comments on my bog, they are so encouraging to read.
Hugs
Sandra xx

Cardmaking Galore said...

Love both cards - great colouring

milli said...

Wow! Your cards are amazing! Love the cute Tilda from the new Christmas collection! The colouring is perfect!

Camilla
xx

carolann said...

Superb cards I really love the colours
and image you have used WTG xxxx

Dawny P said...

These are fab Jacqui - dont beat yourself up hunny xxx I reckon there must be thousands in the land of Blog that would kill to be able to do stuff like you (I'm one of them!!). I know how you feel though cos sometimes we are just not not happy with something we've done, but I have to say that you never fail to amaze me with your work xxxx

Kathy said...

Both cards are fabulous Jacqui!! I es[ecially love the first one!! That image is darling and am mad at myself for not getting it!! Love the paper that you have used and that sheet music background is fab!! :)Kathy

simplyfairies said...

Fabbidozo mummy!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...