Saturday 22 November 2008

I am back

I am back from my Jaunt to the wilds of County Durham, OMG what beautiful scenery there is up there, I would love to go back there and visit some of the wild and wonderful places I passed on the train.

Well I had a wonderful time crafting and catching up with friends and eating too much. I didn't think I was going to be able to make it but thanks to Sara (from Crafters Companion) giving me so much support I got there and boy am I pleased I did, I feel so much better for having made the effort. We had 3 classes each day, the tutors were all fantastic and I learnt so much, my first days classes were with Sara Davies (Crafters Companion), Kay Rutter - Sukura Pens, Michele Marsden - Redhot Bed, The second day the classes were taken by Noreen Mckee - Flowersoft, and the last two were with two of my lovely, generous, inspirational and fantastically talented friends Wendie Rhodes and Jayne Nestorenko.

The event was held in a beautiful hotel and the food and rooms were out of this world. Sara put on a quiz evening with loads of prizes and lots of laughs. I have already booked for next year. Have just got Mum settled in an am now ready to start blog hopping and catching up with all you lovely people who left me messages whilst I was away.

I also had a great welcome home from Rach with this fantastic Award, thanks so much Rach it means a lot coming from you, don't you think this is the most elegant award and it has such a great sentiment behind it and here is what it says:



This blog invests and believes the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships!These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind blogger's aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight blogger's who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.

Now I have to Choose 8 people to pass this on to
Chris
Donna
Tracie
Carole
Annie
Andrea
Jeanette
Becky


I must add a big thank you to Louise and Donna who also passed this me award on to me.
Post update:
I have just found out I have been given this award by Kim, Oh wow I so admire Kims fantastic work and feel so chuffed that she has passed this on to me. Thank you so much Kim. I also received this from the fantastic Zoe from Silly Monkeys Challenge Blog, Thank you so much Zoe you are a little sweetheart


Here are the rules:
1. The winner can put the logo on their blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 5 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs you have nominated.
I would like to pass this award on to the girls mentioned above.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've had a fabulous time Jacqui...lots of fun and creative hours... :-)
Wow, thanks so much for passing this award onto little old me...I am delighted to receive it from you....I have to pass it right back to you.....you fit those words perfectly.
Hope you have a good weekend, nice to hear your mum is settled.
Hugs
Carole :-)

NGCARDS said...

So glad you enjoyed your time away hun, it sounded really nice =) Bet your chuffed to have that award aswell =) xxx

Marcea said...

Welcome back Jacqui, it is lovely to have you back!!! I am so pleased you had a fantastic break - wow you lucky thing to have all that wonderful stuff to play with. I hope you are feeling the benefit of your time away :o)
Congrats on your awards too - so well deserved
-x-

Annie said...

thank you so much for the awards Jacqui! it's good to have you back but also great that you had a fabulous time at your crafting retreat. enjoy the rest of your weekend, hugs, annie x

Crafting Queen said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Lovely awards!

tracie said...

Hi ya Jacqui, wow sounds like you had a fabulous time ~ congrats on your awards hun and thank you so much for thinking of little old me !! You've really made my day and I'm so honoured - thanks hun.
Glad your mums ok, have a fab weekend
hugs :)x

Debbie said...

Glad to hear you had such a great time. I agree it is a beautiful area...I have family up there and I love to visit.
Congratulations on your awards...well deserved! Debbie x

Cathy said...

Sounds like you had a fab time Jacqui. I konw you have this award already, but I have left it for you on my blog - you have been so kind to me and Ellie - you deserve it.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Andrea, said...

Sounds like you have had a fabulous time Jacqui. Thank you for the award

Cazz said...

soudns like you had a great time xx

Anne said...

Hi Jaqui so glad you got home ok can't wait for next years
yip we eventually had some snow not to bad though it lay for a bit but didn't stay too long but there's more forecasted it's too cold at the minute for it congratulations on the awards
take care

Kim said...

Glad you had a good time Jacqui, welcome back. Kim x

Jeanette said...

Thank you so much for passing this on to me! It is really an honor to receive it from you as I admire your work so much! Hugs Jeanette

Donna said...

Hi Jacqui, thank you so much for nominating me for this award, I feel extremely honoured and priviledged to have received this from you, I am always in awe of your work and you have given me so much inspiration through your blog, thank you :) Donna x

Chris said...

I'm so happy you had a great time in County Durham Jacqui and enjoyed yourself so much. I can't think of a nicer holiday than a crafting one and I bet the break has done you the world of good. Thanks so much for passing the award on to me and I'm so glad that you got because it fits you perfectly. Hugs, Chris xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...