Friday 9 May 2008

Stamp Something-Challenge No1

Thank you for this challenge "First". In honour of your new challenge blog, I thought I would branch out and try something I have wanted to do for ages, but never had the nerve the above is the result. I have always thought that collage work was way above me, but nothing ventured nothing gained, I have also never used stampboard on a card before, not too sure about the result, but any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I really enjoyed doing this card. Down to the basics the stamp is from Graphicus, she has been coloured with Distress Inks, The three labels are all Crafty Individuals Stamps and have been stamped with Sepia Versafine the lace on the label is the same as that at the top I just run one of my ink pads over it. The lovely embellishment is by Dove of the East from Graphicus. I inked up the stampboard with purple, mauve and brown chalk inks and then used 3 layers of UFEP sprinkled some glitter in on the last embossing process and then stamped with the headress stamp.
Hope you like it. TFL

26 comments:

tracie said...

oh wow Jacqui this is stunning work and I cant believe its the first time you've used this technique - clever you. I love it all :-)x

tracie said...

Hi Jacqui, thanks for your lovely comments I dont have you email address and couldn;t find a link on your blog. My link is on my blog traciejane@ntlworld.com

Jackie said...

I love this card. The central stamp is gorgeous.

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Gorgeous! Love the collage effect. Great image and beautiful coloring. Happy you gave this challenge a try! :)

ella bella said...

wow this is stunning love the collage effect, fantastic work :)

Jo said...

Beautiful card and well done for trying something new!

Cathy said...

Wow Jacqui - this is amazing for a first! I love the colours and the main image is gorgeous.
Looking forward to seeing more using this technique.

Have a great weekend,
Hugs Cathy xx

Unknown said...

You would never guess this was your first time at this technique.
It's fantastic Jacqui!! Viv xx

Donna said...

Hi Jacqui, thank you for coming to visit me on my blog, i have added you to my sisterhood blog roll and i have eventually got around to visiting you all properly. Your cards are wonderful and i look forward to spending time on your site and learning new technique's. Fantastic collage card. Donna

Annie said...

wow Jacqui, this is amazing! so much work putting it all together but certainly well worth it!

Erin... said...

beautiful collage!! great job with teh challenge!! thanks for playing!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous a great "first".

Sarah said...

A really amazing card! Well done, I think it's fab!
xx :0)

Lisa H. said...

glad to see you gave it a try because the results are beautiful and oh, so striking. great job!

Pearl said...

wow ! beautiful cards all !

Beth said...

What a fab result! The stamp is beautiful too

Sharon said...

Wow, what a stunning card. I love the image & the colouring.
Sharon :-)x

My Paper World said...

Wow! It's stunning! xx

InkyAndScrappy said...

Just stopping by. Beautiful.

wendy said...

Beautiful card!

Cecilia said...

Wonderful card!


www.tiina38.vuodatus.net

Anonymous said...

Wow.. super fabulous!! love it all :)

Marlene xx

Unknown said...

Fabolous card!! Love the colors!!

Richelle said...

It looks great!! you did a good job reaching out to something new and challenging!

Mrs. W said...

SO creative Jacqui! love the focal point and color combination!

Sue said...

Jacqui this is fantastic, I can't believe it's your 1st attempt xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...