Sunday 4 May 2008

TGIF -Pirates


TGIF theme was Pirates this week, I had great fun doing this one. My Grandson Robert has a birthday coming up and as he is Pirate Mad I thought I would make a little card for him and combine the two. I have used a few stamps on this one, Johnny Dempster (Stampingbella), Cask of Rum, map and ahoy from an old Woodware set I remembered I had, Palm Tree (High Hopes) and sand background which I bought ages ago from Stamp Addicts. They have all been coloured with Distress Inks. I distressed around the main Image with Tea Dye ink and also stamped the Map and Ahoy with the same ink, I drew in the ink on the Map to mak it look a bit antique. The backing papers are Dovecraft, and the great ribbon is from Poppycraft, pieces of eight are coins from my stash. Sorry the pirates not Johnny Depp, but he is still cute. TFL

10 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow this is wonderful card. So amazing. Love the little pirate.

Thanks for joining TGiF.

Anonymous said...

very nice card with wonderful details!

Christa said...

Thanks for your nice comments on my blog, I love your cute card too and your other cards are also adorable. Maybe you want to join my new challengeblog (starting TODAY!) http://sosalsa3.blogspot.com Love to see you there too ;o)

Kaz said...

oh this is fantastic!! love the little treasure map, and the coins are perfect. brilliant entry!

Judy said...

What a fabulous card. I love the pirate.

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet pirate.Love it,

Barbara Hagerty said...

This is adorable! I love your pirate and all the wonderful details on you beautiful card!

Rosie said...

This is a lovely card Jacqui - I'm sure your DGS will love it! Thanks for your comment on my post - my problem with the diptych was I could've gone on and on inventing ridiculous things about Ma Sparrow!! I needed to draw the line somewhere!!

stampingbalou said...

It does not need to be Johnny to be a cute pirate - your card shows it clearly !!! What a wonderful color combination - great work !

Thank you for participating TGiF with such a brilliant creation...

Frances said...

this is brilliant - loved how you used all the different makes of stamps, they work so well together. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...